Micro-Air EasyStart

LBR

Very cool.

For me, running our 15k BTU roof air on battery power is the coolest thing.
Fantastic!.. I've not attempted that yet. I sure won't be monitoring the Victron when I do....would be depressing!!…

SLO

Generator power is permissible but we prefer learning on the more consistent shore power. If you use a generator for learning, don't use ECO mode. After learning though, ECO mode is perfect.

Kevin@microair.net

I may wait then. We’ll be at a 50A later this month. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Fantastic!.. I've not attempted that yet. I sure won't be monitoring the Victron when I do....would be depressing!!…

I hear ya. But actually watching is insightful as you can see the current ramp over time as the compressor slowly starts.

By the way, as a test, I ran my Air con from battery for 4 hours without cycling off, just to see what the bank could do. It dipped to about 35%. Probably could have gone nearly another hour.

600 AH of LiFePO4 and pulling in about 600 watts from the sun at that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

esscobra

ordered 2 soft starts and 1 thermostat- i can run the converter , fridge , tv and sat and 1 a/c off my honda 3000 handi now- usually have 50a service or have 7k onan on board so power not issue - but installing solar and lipo batteries so be nice to be able to have 1 run for a bit off solar and not have to run gen all the time-

also looking forward to quieter starts esp bedroom unit