Might take the plunge

Rmcgrath53

Well here is the thing. After spending 10 days on a trip to Florida my wife has said she could handle the change to go full time.So now I am on the hunt for a bigger unit. Like the Cameos,Bighorn,and Landmarks.I like the 3600rl layout the best. It looks well balanced with the w/d setup in the bathroom.GVWR 16000. I will get an onboard generator because I like stopping at wallmart as we travel. The problem I see is my 2002 F350 dually looks like it wont be up to snuff.Right now with my 12500 lb Sundance I feel I am in control of the whole package.With a bigger unit does the driver feel as tho the fifth wheel is more in control than the truck? I would like to here from people who do tow there big unit with the 350 dually.
Thanks

caissiel

We have the 3500RL BC and one of the best selling point for us was the location of the W/D closet. I modified the swing of the door and now the 2011 BC model shows the same setup as I did to ours. The F350 has not the same towing capacity as the 2005 and up. The difference is in the frame and the brakes, with 17" wheels and bigger Rotors and Pads. Of course the engine and transmission are much stronger, specialy the Automatic Tranny setup. The 6.0L thats a matter of openion.

Mikemm62

Mike & Suzanne
Pull our Landmark with F250 , it has tow, camper and plow packages on it and handles the load just fine ,,, Good luck

Mike

John T Bettencourt

Rmcgrath53,I pull my Landmark Augusta with a 03 GMC 3500 daully with Duramax engine. It does the job fine. I didnt notice any difference than pulling my Cedar Creek that was 34ft in length.

caissiel

I pull my 15550 GVW BC 3500RL with my F250, as per the signature and get over 11 MPG average. This trailer weights 4,000 lb. more then the previous one, and it is easier to pull and as good on fuel or better then the old one. The 7000 lb. axles are super with the 110lb. air in the "G" tires.
I have close to 5000 miles on it so far, and the rubber dimples on the outside traction ribs are still showing. Cannot believe how well the tires are wearing on this unit. They are looking new. And to me it reflects on the ease of pulling this trailer on the highway.

Rmcgrath53

The Banks exhaust brake is on a big sale right now and am thinking of getting it if I decide to keep my truck for the new 5er. The numbers say no. I do have an extra spring on all 4 wheels, and know that doesnt change the numbers The transmission is probably the only thing that may give me trouble. I will have to have that beefed up also. I will most likely get another truck after my purchase. I have been eyeballing those F650 supercruezers.
Ron

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I was pulling our Landmark with our 99 F350 until it quit on us (235000 miles) Now I pull it with our 2010 F350 dually. We have experienced no problems.