Missing Features?

jbeletti

Jim, Is that a direct change out . . . e.g., take the old lock out and install the V4.0? Also Dan mentioned in another thread that it was kind of tricky to pair the remote with the lock on his, but his is an earlier model. Any problem with the V4? I would like to get one before Santo. Thanks, Mike

Mike,

It was a direct change out. Remove 4 screws, pull old lock-set out. Install new one. I bit over-simplified but there's not much more to it. If you get it before Santo, I'd love to help you install it.

With regard to pairing with the FOBs - super easy. There is no other remote with the v4.0 as the keypad is not part of the handle. Way better - unless you want the keypad elsewhere. My understand is that you can use the RF remotes with the v4.0 product.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Mike,

It was a direct change out. Remove 4 screws, pull old lock-set out. Install new one. I bit over-simplified but there's not much more to it. If you get it before Santo, I'd love to help you install it.

With regard to pairing with the FOBs - super easy. There is no other remote with the v4.0 as the keypad is not part of the handle. Way better - unless you want the keypad elsewhere. My understand is that you can use the RF remotes with the v4.0 product.

Jim can you post a link where you purchased the lock set?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
I don't mean to butt in. You can find the lock on rvlocks.com. I just got mine.

Thanks. I was originally looking at the mobile outfitters one but did not hear anything good about that one. I was also hoping to find on amazon but the mobile outfitters one was also only one there too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Andy, Bob has it right - if you want the v4.0 unit, contact the mfr directly at http://rvlock.com/

Be sure to tell them you hear about them from the Heartland Owners Forum.

With regard to Mobile Outfitters, that was the name Lippert used for their aftermarket products retail sales division. It's my understanding that going forward, they will now operate under the LCI name. I believe they have inventory of v3.0 only of the RV Lock. If one wants v3.0 with the separate keypad, I'm sure the price will be nice getting it from Lippert inventory. I had zero issues with my v3.0 RV Lock.

If you want v4.0, I think you have to go direct to RV Lock at this time, though distributors will likely come online with it at some point.

pegmikef

Mike,

THanks Jim

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
OK - Forgive me for what I believe to be an obvious thing but I will ask anyway. The Keypad and VOB both only lock the handle and do not activate the dead bolt on the door. Is this a correct statement and understanding?

Thanks for humoring me ...

danemayer

OK - Forgive me for what I believe to be an obvious thing but I will ask anyway. The Keypad and VOB both only lock the handle and do not activate the dead bolt on the door. Is this a correct statement and understanding?

Hi Kevin,

Mine, the original Southco/Lippert Keypad model, operates the deadbolt.

SeattleLion

The RVLock v4 operates the deadbolt.

jbeletti

Kevin - on the RV Lock, the Keypad and FOB actuate the deadbolt.

On edit: I see Bob beat me to the answer :) I had written my reply but had not posted it as I wanted to go out to verify.

mobilcastle

Mine was from Mobile Outfitters and it activates the deadbolt. I installed last fall and we have not had a chance to use it-seemed a little slow-we'll see

jbeletti

Mine was from Mobile Outfitters and it activates the deadbolt. I installed last fall and we have not had a chance to use it-seemed a little slow-we'll see

I notice that the lock response to the FOB signal is slow. I suppose the same can be said for the RF keypad as they're both really doing the same thing: transmitting a coded signal to the receiver in the handle.

When using the FOB, press and hold the lock or unlock buttons for about 2 seconds to get a good data burst going.

A v4.0 note: As handle now has a keypad built into it, there is no RF transmission involved for that method of lock/unlock. As such, the lock respond immediately. Of course, using the supplied FOB has the usual delay.

SeattleLion

I notice that the lock response to the FOB signal is slow. I suppose the same can be said for the RF keypad as they're both really doing the same thing: transmitting a coded signal to the receiver in the handle.

When using the FOB, press and hold the lock or unlock buttons for about 2 seconds to get a good data burst going.

A v4.0 note: As handle now has a keypad built into it, there is no RF transmission involved for that method of lock/unlock. As such, the lock respond immediately. Of course, using the supplied FOB has the usual delay.

According to the printed instructions that come with the v4 lock, it is necessary to press the lock or unlock button on the key fob for at least two seconds. This is intentional to prevent accidental "pocket unlocking."

jbeletti

According to the printed instructions that come with the v4 lock, it is necessary to press the lock or unlock button on the key fob for at least two seconds. This is intentional to prevent accidental "pocket unlocking."

Cool. Then after that 2 second key press is the code validation at the receiver and eventually the actuating of the dead bolt cylinder followed by confirmation beeps. It's all good :)