Missing Features?

SeattleLion

We did our walk through on our 2014 BH 3160 last weekend. Some features appear to be missing based on what my understanding of what is included:

• No keyless entry. I thought a combination door lock is part of the package.
  • No motion-sensing entry light over the door. Just a LED strip with no motion sensor.
  • No HDMI cable from the BR closet to the BR TV
I really like these features and I am confused why they aren't installed on our camper.

I would appreciate clarification.

Thanks

pegmikef

I think the keyless entry is only standard on the LM. My 2014 BH 3010RE has the motion sensor light, but no HDMI cable. I think it probably has to do with when it was actually manufactured because they seem to keep adding things (e.g.., my 2014 was manufactured in June 2013 and has frameless windows, but I know of some 2014 BHs manufactured earlier that don't have them). I didn't realize I had the motion detector light until one night when I forgot to turn off the porch light and it came on at dusk as I walked up to the door.

Garypowell

I would contact HL directly. If you can find the small print they are allowed to change anything they want any time they want. With your VIN they can tell you what you should have. And I think if approached properly they might be helpful in getting you what you want.

We custom ordered our first coach and were fortunate we got everything we wanted. Since the the following 4 couches we bought off the lot. That way we know exactly what we are getting. If you see it you got it.

Pizzaguy

I understand your frustration on missing features, as we got a few surprises on the last one as well. I don't think the keyless entry has been offered on the Bighorn for a couple years. That was one of the surprises we received and ended up with one from rvlock.com. I would recommend their lock system to fix that issue. As far as the motion sensing outside light, the only time mine works is when you don't want it too. Never turns on when you DO need it. Good luck and enjoy your new rig!

jbeletti

Thanks. I will buy a RV Lock. Tomorrow I will call cust. WBC.

I just installed the v4.0 RV Lock. So far - a great lock and since the v4.0 has the keypad built-into the handle, to RF keypad to mount and no additional sets of batteries to change - just the one set in the handle inside the coach.
8.jpg

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I just installed the v4.0 RV Lock. So far - a great lock and since the v4.0 has the keypad built-into the handle, to RF keypad to mount and no additional sets of batteries to change - just the one set in the handle inside the coach.
View attachment 28890

Jim, does it work perfectly every time? We tend to fight with our v1. Takes multiple times, holding tongue just right... Thinking about a change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I understand your frustration on missing features, as we got a few surprises on the last one as well. I don't think the keyless entry has been offered on the Bighorn for a couple years. That was one of the surprises we received and ended up with one from rvlock.com. I would recommend their lock system to fix that issue. As far as the motion sensing outside light, the only time mine works is when you don't want it too. Never turns on when you DO need it. Good luck and enjoy your new rig!
My light works perfectly IF--- I turn it on, leave it on a second, turn it off, leave it off a second, turn it back on.

RoadJunkie

Jim, does it work perfectly every time? We tend to fight with our v1. Takes multiple times, holding tongue just right... Thinking about a change

We have to press and hold each combination number and lock/ulnock button for about 2 seconds before it works on a regular basis. The RFdecoding logic appears to be sllllooooow.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We have to be slow and deliberate on our v3, with either the big keypad or the remote fob, but it works nearly 100% of the time. I left the batteries in the lock over the winter and it still worked first time I tried it earlier this year.

Pizzaguy

I think that's how they're supposed to work. See pages 5 and 6 in the Smart Light Manual. Here's a link.

I know how to turn the light on to the motion sensing setting. What I was referring to was the fact that it does not sense the motion. You can walk back and forth in front of it multiple times before it finally turns on when you want it to.If you don't want it on it will pick up any motion outside.

SeattleLion

UPDATE

I spoke with HL customer service. Boy am I impressed! Two good things: the first is that my dealer realized that the front door light should be motion sensing and had already ordered a replacement (unfortunately wrong part number, customer service is correcting). Cust svc said that the reason I didn't have motion sensing is that since my coach was built for the Seattle RV show, the factory didn't want to stress the converter by having the light go on and off all the time, so they installed the non-sensing light to avoid that. When I finally get the coach the light will be motion sensing. They are researching the lack of HDMI cable. The drawing I have is dated 2/13 so it looks like it should be there. Cust svc is researching.

For all of the QA issues that Heartland has, their response to making things right is amazing. I must have hit the jackpot; great company and equally great dealer. In the RV industry that is like winning the lottery.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I know how to turn the light on to the motion sensing setting. What I was referring to was the fact that it does not sense the motion. You can walk back and forth in front of it multiple times before it finally turns on when you want it to.If you don't want it on it will pick up any motion outside.

If it is like mine there is a sensitivity setting. You have to remove the cover of the light and make the appropriate adjustment.

Look HERE step #5. Trace

Pizzaguy

Thanks Trace,but I have tried that also. It just doesn't like me I guess.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

pegmikef

Jim, Is that a direct change out . . . e.g., take the old lock out and install the V4.0? Also Dan mentioned in another thread that it was kind of tricky to pair the remote with the lock on his, but his is an earlier model. Any problem with the V4? I would like to get one before Santo. Thanks, Mike

danemayer

Jim, Is that a direct change out . . . e.g., take the old lock out and install the V4.0? Also Dan mentioned in another thread that it was kind of tricky to pair the remote with the lock on his, but his is an earlier model. Any problem with the V4? I would like to get one before Santo. Thanks, Mike
Mike, mine is the old Southco/Lippert keyless entry. Different animal.