Model 3010 vs 3100 bedroom & water tank location Questions

acomavet

My wife and I are trying to decide between the Cyclone 3010 model (with full closet not w/ sit bench) and the new Cyclone 3100. A concern we have is the distance between the bed and closet on the 3010. Can anyone give me that dimension?

On the 3100 I'd like to know the distance between the bed and the wall (opposite slide ).

We have only been able to look at the 3010 with the sit bench option and we would opt for the full closet instead if it is not too tight to get in and out of the bed.

One other question we have is the location of the water tank on both models. Is it in front of axles, on top of axles or behind?

TIA for any information to help us on our decision.

danemayer

Hi acomavet,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. This is the place to get answers and to meet some friendly and helpful people.

I'd expect you'll see some answers to your questions shortly.

K

KLech

My wife and I are trying to decide between the Cyclone 3010 model (with full closet not w/ sit bench) and the new Cyclone 3100. A concern we have is the distance between the bed and closet on the 3010. Can anyone give me that dimension?

On the 3100 I'd like to know the distance between the bed and the wall (opposite slide ).

We have only been able to look at the 3010 with the sit bench option and we would opt for the full closet instead if it is not too tight to get in and out of the bed.

One other question we have is the location of the water tank on both models. Is it in front of axles, on top of axles or behind?

TIA for any information to help us on our decision.

Hi acomavet,

On the 3100, the distance between the bed and the wall (opposite of the slide) is 14 and 1/4 inches.
On the 3010, the distance between the bed and the closet is 16 and 9/16 inches. The distance between the corner of the bed and the door to the washer/dryer (which can also be used as a closet) is 13 and 1/4 inches.

Fresh water tank locations:
3100 - over and slighty forward of the axle
3010 - over and further forward of the axle

Please provide me with an e-mail and I can forward you all dimensions of both units.

Thanks for your inquiry!

Kyle

Ladiver

Welcome acomavet,

As you can see, there is a ton of good information and helpful people here. My wife and I were tossed up between the 3010 and the 3110. Glad we waited and saw the 3100 (online). That is what is on order right now.

Kyle, I would also like the dimensions that you have for the 3100. ladiver (at) gmail.com

Thanks,

Jeff

acomavet

Hi acomavet,

On the 3100, the distance between the bed and the wall (opposite of the slide) is 14 and 1/4 inches.
On the 3010, the distance between the bed and the closet is 16 and 9/16 inches. The distance between the corner of the bed and the door to the washer/dryer (which can also be used as a closet) is 13 and 1/4 inches.

Fresh water tank locations:
3100 - over and slighty forward of the axle
3010 - over and further forward of the axle

Please provide me with an e-mail and I can forward you all dimensions of both units.

Thanks for your inquiry!

Kyle

Kyle my email is acoma@cox.net. Thanks for all the great info! Any other dimensions would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
K

KLech

Other great questions

I had some other great questions directed to me in an e-mail. I will go ahead and post as it may be beneficial to others.

In the 3100 is there a cabinet door going into the base cabinet between the sink and stove top on the entrance door side. In other words as you walk through the door immediately to your left is there a cabinet door to that base unit? I have seen that in many other plans.

No. There is no cabinet on the left as you enter the door. All access to the kitchen cabinets is from the kitchen side of the countertop.

Does the couch have recliner capability. Yes. If so how many? 2 How about on the 3010? 0

One technical question regarding the 3100 and its wt and hitch weight. With no special options other than the Cyclone package what is the unit actually weighing and what is the pin weight?
We weigh each unit individually as it rolls off the line, and based on the average is how we come up with the publicized weight on our website, so I would figure 11,055 as the average weight of the 3100 Cyclone.

Have you weighed the unit with water in tanks and propane tanks filled?
We weigh our units with the water tanks full and then use a mathematical formula to delete the water weight out to figure our weights. We do not fill the propane tanks for the weight, however.

Your specs show 2400 hitch weight if we filled water tanks full and propane full and have 1200-1500 lbs in the garage how much would one expect the hitch wt to increase or decrease?
For every 2-3 pounds you put into the garage, figure you lose a pound off of the hitch, so I would figure you would knock off 600 – 750 pounds from the hitch weight with 1200 – 1500 #s in the garage.