Model 3070 fireplace concern

EUREKA12

I have determined the BH 3070 is almost a perfect unit for retirement, with only one concern, the fireplace. I would like feedback about how much heat the fireplace units generate and if the dining chairs that sit directly beside the fireplace are damaged by the heat. I hope to be purchasing my retirement "home" in spring 2012. Thanks for any feedback you can give.
EUREKA12

jimtoo

Hi EUREKA12,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I am sure the fireplace is a 1500 watt max heat output. The vent is about 20-24 inches off the floor and it appears to be angled enough away from the chairs that I don't think they would be damaged, but this me talking and I have not physically seen one. I'm sure some of our other owners will jump in and let us know what they think.

Meanwhile enjoy the forum.

Jim M

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I don't know the 3070 floorplan exactly. However, we love our fireplace. Sometimes we will run it instead of the furnace. Save propane. (Especially if we are not on metered power). They do use a bit of wattage.
It is a heat that is not intense, but rather warms the rig slowly. In other words, if my hand is back about a foot from it, it does not feel intensely hot.

Birchwood

Had a look at the 3070 floorplan and seems if a dining chair was pulled back from the table
there may be a concern.Also having the fireplace heat blowing near you while eating may
also be a concern.There are better floorplans and unless you are getting a super deal on
this unit you may want to reconsider.

jnbhobe

I have a 3370 that has the same setup as a 3070, we have no problems with the fireplace. At the moment my wife has the sofa in the spot where the dinette goes.