Money down on Bighorn 2017 3575el

SNOKING

New Bighorn 2017 3575el

124 near 24 th on desert side. Young's and Walldorffs are friends of ours. Jerry tried your RC cars a couple of years ago.

OK, got it! I found your profile picture! Could you PM me Bob and Jan's/Bob and Hazel's email addresses, or tell them to check out what we are up to here. Trying to talk Darlene in to fall special along with the Jan-Mar booking.

We could host a rally up in front in the cheap seats!!! We loved our little 29 Cardinal, however it was time to move up. We looked at the 3270RS until that couple across from you said the shower was to small. Darlene 86'd that model! We are pumped to go get/see the new 3575el Sunday. We looked at a couple at La Mesa and stopped in Gilroy, Ca to look at one on the way home. Sales manager there was a day late on pricing. Who knows, maybe it only had night shades!!!

Chris

Last edited:

jjwink

We need to check into a CV rally. I will pm Young's email. I don't have Jan and Bob's.

SNOKING

New Bighorn 2017 3575el

I have Bob and Jan's somewhere, however everything is in chaos right now. Things are all boxed up, some loaded in the truck already! Garage is an EPA hazard area right now! Chris

Last edited:

SNOKING

New Bighorn 2017 3575el

Well we are in the new 5er watching a movie, here at the dealers service area.

Man this thing looks big compared to the old trailer.

Figuring things out slowly. PDI at 10 in the morning. Chris

Last edited:

SNOKING

New Bighorn 2017 3575el

Staying a second night here in Junction City, Or. Dealer has hookup sites, for customers and future customers. Off tomorrow to Grayland State Park on Washington Coast. Wednesday on to Sunbird park. Chris

Last edited:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Staying a second night here in Junction City, Or. Dealer has hookup sites, for customers and future customers. Off tomorrow to Grayland State Park on Washington Coast. Wednesday on to Sunbird park. Chris

Looking good! Enjoy!

SNOKING

New Bighorn 2017 3575el

Got some weights yesterday at a closed Oregon DOT. Light load in the trailer (just the stuff we could get in the bed boxes, cooler and camp chairs on sides on hitch and back seat full)

F 4900
D 6250
T 11450
GW 22600

So trailer was around 14k. Trucks RGAWR is 7k, so we are in good shape.

Only 550 pounds more than we were load going to Arizona last winter with the SOB 29 footer.

Happy camper. Chris

Last edited:

SNOKING

New Bighorn 2017 3575el

Well the HW 50 surge protector showed up yesterday we went up to the trailer and got it installed. Getting the patch cable from the remote down to the zoo was really easy. Cutting the AC cable was easy, swinging the input side out into the basement and hooking up those four wires was easy and hooking up the load side once I got the unit back in the zoo behind and off to one side of the converter was the pits. This side gets the sensors over the two hot leads and it took me over and hour to finish that part. All is working fine and the park is going to convert our site from 30 AMP to 50 AMP next week.

I did note that the coax connectors were not tighten down very well as was noted in another thread.

Darlene went shopping (She watches HGTV a lot) for some things for the walls.

Butler pantry:

Above the kitchen slide:

Wall across from the entry:

Chris

TravelTiger

Re: New Bighorn 2017 3575el

Well the HW 50 surge protector showed up yesterday we went up to the trailer and got it installed. Getting the patch cable from the remote down to the zoo was really easy. Cutting the AC cable was easy, swinging the input side out into the basement and hooking up those four wires was easy and hooking up the load side once I got the unit back in the zoo behind and off to one side of the converter was the pits. This side gets the sensors over the two hot leads and it took me over and hour to finish that part. All is working fine and the park is going to convert our site from 30 AMP to 50 AMP next week.

I did note that the coax connectors were not tighten down very well as was noted in another thread.

Darlene went shopping (She watches HGTV a lot) for some things for the walls.

Butler pantry:

Above the kitchen slide:

Wall across from the entry:

Chris

Ask her where she got the branches metalwork in the hall, I like that!

SNOKING

Ask her where she got the branches metalwork in the hall, I like that!

Hobby Lobby, the one over the kitchen slide was from them also. The one on the Butler's Pantry wall is from Ross Dress for Less. Chris

TravelTiger

Hobby Lobby, the one over the kitchen slide was from also. The one on the Butler's Pantry wall is from Ross Dress for Less. Chris

I was thinking Hobby Lobby! Thanks for sharing.

SNOKING

I got to say my almost 72 year old body is tired to night. That last part of the surge protector install did me in. 6 gauge wire into the unit and into 3 6.1 gauge lugs was a real pain down in the zoo.

There is however room for a small family to live in there. Might store my RC race trucks and some of the RC planes in there going and returning from Arizona. I can vision a hinged door. Chris

TravelTiger

I got to say my almost 72 year old body is tired to night. That last part of the surge protector install did me in. 6 gauge wire into the unit and into 3 6.1 gauge lugs was a real pain down in the zoo.

There is however room for a small family to live in there. Might store my RC race trucks and some of the RC planes in there going and returning from Arizona. I can vision a hinged door. Chris

I like your terminology, calling that space behind the basement wall the "zoo". I think I'll start calling it that!

SNOKING

On the boat (Bayliner 3388 Motoyacht) we called it the dungeon!!!! In comparison the boat dungeon was very orderly!

Chris

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC

Driving down to Junction City Sunday and staying in the trailer Sunday night at the dealers, PDI is scheduled for 10AM Monday, so we will have a fair amount of time to check things out before hand. May stay another day at dealers mini camp, then maybe over to the Coast for a day or two before heading North to put it at our Sunbird park noted in sig line. Trying to talk DW into leaving early (Oct time frame) for the snowbird park in Arizona. They have a fall special that is $895 for Sept 1st to Jan 1st (and do not care when you arrive). We are already booked for Jan, Feb and March. FWIW I did not like the brown front and rear cap models, DW thought brown was ok. However brown and TV color did not seem to match. Chris

We also had two in California that we were looking at. California would have gotten the almost 6K in use/sales taxes that we have to pay in Washington. Buying in Oregon the taxes will go to our home state of Washington. Maybe they will spend some of it so we have nicer secondary roads like Oregon has. BTW we have friends at the Running Y and another couple that live in town. If you went to the show last week in KF, you saw our trailer. Chris

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to this.

If you get down here to visit your friends at Running Y, be sure to let us know. We always like to meet members of out HL family.

Kristy

SNOKING

I poked around the manuals section and could not find an answer to this question. The Progressive Industries HW50C surge protector has a setting for time delay on power up. Default is 15 seconds and manual says to check AC units and if the do not have startup delays, the jumper in the HW50C should be removed to extend its delay. So do my AC have there own delay?

Thanks Chris

BTW the remote display on the HW50C is a nice addition to power management. I think I will install a 12V DC monitor also.

danemayer

A 2 minute delay seems to me like a minor inconvenience unless you have frequent power drops. And if you do have frequent power drops, maybe better safe than sorry.

SNOKING

So, not finding anything in the manuals I contacted Dometic and received this reply.

"Thank you for contacting Dometic. Currentproduction thermostats have a 2 minute time delay. Manual controlsdo not have the delay.

We appreciate this opportunity to addressyour situation and hope all of your future travels are trouble free. Pleasedo not hesitate to contact us at any time to order parts or for furtherassistance.

Sincerely,
Holly
Customer Support Center
Dometic Corporation
800-544-4881"

Chris

danemayer

So, not finding anything in the manuals I contacted Dometic and received this reply.

"Thank you for contacting Dometic. Currentproduction thermostats have a 2 minute time delay. Manual controlsdo not have the delay.

We appreciate this opportunity to addressyour situation and hope all of your future travels are trouble free. Pleasedo not hesitate to contact us at any time to order parts or for furtherassistance.

Sincerely,
Holly
Customer Support Center
Dometic Corporation
800-544-4881"

Chris
That's an interesting response. The current digital thermostats run off 5V or 12V DC, not 120V AC. It's not obvious to me how they would even be aware of a drop in the 120V AC power.