Mor Ryde Parking Lot

usnaviator

Retired Alabama Chapter Leaders
Camped in the Mor Ryde parking lot. The Big Horn goes in at 0600 in the morning for IS & disc brakes.

image.jpg

usnaviator

There's a spigot to fill your tank with on the side of the building before you get parked. The sites have electric and cable, both 30 amp and 50 amp. There are a number of DRV's here waiting to be picked up so the spots are limited. I think there is only one left that you could get power and you would need an extension cable to reach the power post.

chiefneon

Howdy!

we are going into MorRyde next week to have wet bolt kit installed on our Cyclone 4000.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

usnaviator

Hey there Chiefneon, The MorRyde folks are doing a booming business. All of the RV spots outside are full and all of the bay's in the shop are full. We should be out of here tomorrow afternoon. The MorRyde folks are exceptionally accommodating and great hosts. Had a great tour of the Heartland factory today, highly recommend it!

chiefneon

Howdy!

We've had work done by MorRyde before and was impressed with their service, that's why we are using them again while we are in the area. Hope it clears out some we are scheduled to stay in the lot Monday and they work on our 5er starting early Tuesday morning.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

Last edited:

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
I am considering getting the Disc Brakes installed on my rig this summer. What is the going costs on disc brakes?

usnaviator

Talked with him for a bit last evening while both our rigs were in the service bays. Nice fellow. Everything went well with our DB/IS install and we were out of there about 1:30 this afternoon. Only went a short ways to the Goshen fairgrounds but the improvement in braking is awesome.

jbeletti

I am considering getting the Disc Brakes installed on my rig this summer. What is the going costs on disc brakes?

Kevin - I think it's in the $1800-$1900 range for parts only. I believe you can get kits from MORryde, from Titan Brakes and gather them all on your own from other sources. Many Heartlanders have installed their own. Cookie did a great video on his install. Someone will weigh in here with the real costs. Ron from Titan often runs specials for Heartlanders too and he may weigh in.

usnaviator

Ron (Titan) will send his installers to your location and install the disc brake system for $2450, at least for the next few weeks. This was the price he was quoting at the recent recent SE Region rally and the Alabama chapter rally. He did mention that there was a price increase coming in the next month or so. I was going to have his system installed but since we wanted to get the IS installed as well, we opted for the MorRyde.

Miller0758

Hi Kevin, I hope you're well. We attended the SC rally last week and listened to a presentation from the Titan rep regarding disk brakes ... quite impressive. He has his own installation crews and was providing prices in the $2400 range all in and out the door. That's the rally price. Name is Ron Russell ronald_russell@sbcglobal.net (405)626-7009 performancetrailerbraking.com
Hope this helps

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
He will have his crew at the NE Region Rally. I think it is also a DYI project if you like...