Mor-ryde pin box

We're new the Heartland family....went down to our local RV dealer to get some parts for our FR and ended up coming home with a new Sundance 3200RE. I have a couple of questions:
(1) We're planning on putting on a Mor-Ryde pin box. The GVWR is 13,840 lbs. The options on the pinbox are: 11000-14000 or 14000 - 18000. Being as I'm so close to the cutoff point, would I be better off stepping up to the higher weight....any pros or cons?
(2) Has anybody put a fantastic fan in the bedroom vent? Don't think I need a second air, but since the vent is pre-wired for 110 I checked and they do make 110 v. fantastic fans.

Al and Marilyn
2012 Sundance 3200 RE
2008 3500 Silverado Duramax Dually

danemayer

Re: Mor-ryde pin boc

Hi Al and Marilyn,

Congratulations on your new Sundance and welcome to the Heartland Family and to the Heartland Owners Forum. You'll find a lot of useful information here along with a great bunch of folks who are willing to share their knowledge and experience.

You're not the first ones to go to a dealer for a few parts and come home with a new RV. :)

I'm sure you'll get opinions pretty quickly on the Mor-Ryde and the Fantastic Fan.

kkamshop

I would also suggest installing a fantastic fan in the bathroom vent. Much quieter and more efficient than the stock fan

GOTTOYS

Pre-wiring in the front vent opening is to add a second A/C. It should already have a 12 volt fan. You can disconnect it and use it on an upgraded 12 volt fan. !2 volt can be used anytime whether you have 110 available or not...Don

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator

Pre-wiring in the front vent opening is to add a second A/C. It should already have a 12 volt fan. You can disconnect it and use it on an upgraded 12 volt fan. !2 volt can be used anytime whether you have 110 available or not...Don
Don, I don't know if it's any different now than from when we ordered our BH. The Fantastic in the front BR was an option. We got that option and later put in the 2nd A/C and moved the Fantastic to the stool room. If the OP didn't special order the fan, all they should have is a crank open vent, no fan. Cheapo fan in the bathroom and a Fantastic in the mid coach area.

Speedy

Well Al, I think I can answer both of your questions. Regarding the MorRyde pin box I would go with the weight you are actually closest to. Meaning have you scaled your rig? Our BC has a GVWR of 15500 and I went with the 18K version because we run at over 14K in weight all the time. If you are under 13840 by quite a bit then go for the softer version. The only difference in the pin box is the rubber shear plate and I have read if you are unhappy with the ride quality you can contact MorRyde and they'll switch shear plates with you.

Fantasic fan in the bedroom we had one put in during this year's national rally and love it. Now I have to say our vent was wired for 12v because of the stock fan but I'm willing to bet the wires are there. The service tech had the new vent and thermostat installed in less than 15 minutes and he didn't have to run wire for the thermostat because it was already in the wall.

camr

Our SOB has a bathroom vent and a bedroom vent. We pulled the pathetic tiny fan from the bathroom and installed a MaxxAir, and left the bedroom vent as it was. On a cool night we turn on the bathroom fan and open the bedroom vent. The fan draws air in through the bedroom vent and the cool air drops onto the bed. Ahhhh, a nice cool sleep!

The other reason we left the bedroom vent without a fan is for a future AC install if we ever feel we need it.
-Cam

GOTTOYS

Don, I don't know if it's any different now than from when we ordered our BH. The Fantastic in the front BR was an option. We got that option and later put in the 2nd A/C and moved the Fantastic to the stool room. If the OP didn't special order the fan, all they should have is a crank open vent, no fan. Cheapo fan in the bathroom and a Fantastic in the mid coach area.
My Big Country came with the El-Cheapo in the bedroom as well as the bath. I switched out the bathroom fan for a Heng Vortex and I'm happy with that. The bedroom fan is only good for a source of white noise and that's about it. I will probably add a second A/C when the savings account grows a bit more...Don