Morryde Independent Suspension & Disc Brakes Installation

rfournelle

Canada-East Region Directors-Retired
On our way to the Urbanna VA rally, we stopped by Elkhart IN to have the Morryde IS & disc brakes systems installed.

We would like to express our thanks to the Morryde team for the excellent service and care they provided on our visit. The visitor’s lounge is a great haven, complete with an assortment of coffee, cold drinks and snacks. Great Wi-Fi reception along with a TV to pass the hours. The office staff went out of their way to make us welcome and comfortable. Lunch, our choice, was provided each day. As the Morryde facility was under expansion/renovation during our visit, the overnight camping area was not available, so they put us up at a local campsite with no charge to us. For those of you visiting in the future, a paved, easy access area awaits you.

The installation team was friendly and eager to answer questions. Our night in the service bay was an interesting experience. We were provided with a entry key so we could come and go as we pleased. The dedicated workers continued their shifts until 9 p.m. when all was quiet except for security moving around during the overnight hours. We were awakened early with the sound of forklifts (no alarm clock needed). The price of the stay was right and the lounge area was open with coffee ready.

Gary Wheeler is very personable and knowledgeable. During our visit he took us on a tour of the facility and it was amazing. I encourage everyone to take the tour. All said and done, we were extremely pleased with our Morryde experience!

Tundra2084

Sure glad you were well taken care of as this speaks volumes about customer service. :) That is one of the reasons why we are hoping you were able to talk Gary into attending the Niagara Rally.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We have gotten the Mor-Ryde IS/disc brakes/and never lube bearings on our current and previous Landmarks and our Alfa Gold. Every time we have dealt with Mor-Ryde we have found them to be a class act offering Class A customer service and a quality product.

Cjackg

Waiting to hear some specific performance comments as to the effect of converting to the IS & Disc brakes....
and whether it is worth the $$$.

Last edited:

jdamude

On our way to the Urbanna VA rally, we stopped by Elkhart IN to have the Morryde IS & disc brakes systems installed.

We would like to express our thanks to the Morryde team for the excellent service and care they provided on our visit. The visitor’s lounge is a great haven, complete with an assortment of coffee, cold drinks and snacks. Great Wi-Fi reception along with a TV to pass the hours. The office staff went out of their way to make us welcome and comfortable. Lunch, our choice, was provided each day. As the Morryde facility was under expansion/renovation during our visit, the overnight camping area was not available, so they put us up at a local campsite with no charge to us. For those of you visiting in the future, a paved, easy access area awaits you.

The installation team was friendly and eager to answer questions. Our night in the service bay was an interesting experience. We were provided with a entry key so we could come and go as we pleased. The dedicated workers continued their shifts until 9 p.m. when all was quiet except for security moving around during the overnight hours. We were awakened early with the sound of forklifts (no alarm clock needed). The price of the stay was right and the lounge area was open with coffee ready.

Gary Wheeler is very personable and knowledgeable. During our visit he took us on a tour of the facility and it was amazing. I encourage everyone to take the tour. All said and done, we were extremely pleased with our Morryde experience!

Hi Bob,
Im very interested in seeing your rig this week in Niagara. I'm also interested in the costs involved to do the conversion. I have seen many good reviews about the system.

thanks
Jeff

jmgratz

We are on our third 5er and everyone was upgraded to the IS, Disc Brakes and Neverlube bearing from Mor-Ryde. Everytime we thank ourselves that we did the upgrade. Yes it is well worth the extra $.

Cjackg

Based on actual experience, are there any noticeable handling improvements after the IS conversion?

Are some of the conversions including upgrade to heavier axles, or just staying at the same weight?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

MrRvGypsy

We too got the 8K lb IS and Kodiak 4 piston disc brakes installed at their facility in the end of April and were also truly impressed by their class leading operation.
The braking power and confidence of safety is amzing:cool:
The IS makes the trailer's ride over the road imperfections much less noticeable in the tow vehicle. However items in cabinets over the axles still move around and a recliner in the slideout still moves.
However I do believe that the suspension upgrade will pay off long term in a very noticeable way with less long term wear and tear on the whole coach.
We are still hoping to make the Niagara Rally next week (my MIL has taken a very bad turn for the worse) and you are welcome to check out the work Mor-Ryde did.

jmgratz

With going from the 7K to 8K helps with weight issues. Especially since we were right at max with the 7k. The ride is much smoother. Keep in mind with the regular axles if you hit a bump or pothole on one side it is transferred to the other side. With independent suspension it only affects that one side. Also the difference in the hydraulic/electric disc brakes versus the electric drum brakes is amazing. Being able to confidently stop adds a margin of safety which is unparalleled. Highly recommended.

wdk450

As I have posted before beware of the disk brakes working TOO WELL, unknowingly locking up your trailer brakes on hard stops, and grinding flat spots into your (expensive) tires.