MorRyde IS? does it yield a meaningfully smoother ride for the trailer

Those of you who have invested in IS, how strongly do you feel that it produces a smoother ride for the trailer and therefore less wear and tear on the trailer.

On a scale of 1-10 how strongly do you feel that is does yield a significantly better ride?

Would you say that a smoother ride is the number 1 reason for investing in it?

wehavefun

10!

I was so convinced on my first 5th wheel that I got my current rig changed over before leaving Elkhart.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

elwaller39

Evans & Lana
It depends how fast you want drive over rough roads. If one slows down alittle for rough spots MorRyde will do just fine.

Niles

I agree with the 10, course after spending the money, you better be happy. If you go with the IS check out putting disk brakes on too, you won't be sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:

DirtyMax88

Those of you who have invested in IS, how strongly do you feel that it produces a smoother ride for the trailer and therefore less wear and tear on the trailer.

On a scale of 1-10 how strongly do you feel that is does yield a significantly better ride?

We are heading to Elkhart Sunday for our IS/Disc Brakes install. But from what I have read and from what everyone has said, it's well worth the investment.

DirtyMax88

Good Morning everyone. Just returned from our trip to MorRyde to have the independent suspension (We got the 8k suspension, with the grease-able bearings) and disc brakes installed on our Landmark. All I can say is WOW. The ride difference in unbelievable. You can feel the bumps in the truck, but nothing from the trailer. Honestly, there were times that we would forget it was even back there. We have to take the PA turnpike up and back, going up it felt like driving over a washboard. Coming home you could barely feel a thing. The investment is worth every penny, in my opinion. The brakes work very well too, had to turn my controller way down. She stops so much better now. Our technician was awesome, super nice guy, even let us watch over his shoulder from time to time, to see how things were going. They really take great pride in their work. Everything is custom built from scratch, it isn't just a take parts out of a box and toss them on type of thing. They took several measurements with the trailer hooked to the truck, even managed to level the trailer out more for us, we were about an inch high in the rear. I cant say enough about the first class facility/operations they have there. It's hard to find people in this day and age that really take pride in their work and stands behind their product. I attached a few pictures...
20161206_114842.jpg20161206_114853.jpg20161206_114908.jpg

sjandbj

I too just returned last Saturday from Morryde getting the IS and disc brakes installed. I drove 2015 miles from Las Vegas to get there with the older suspension then 4 days later drove the same roads coming back home. The difference is big. Really big. Does the IS take out all the bumps in the road, no, but it does make the ride much smoother. The disc brakes were a big change and took me some time to get use to them. After setting the controller too high and jerking me out of my seat then too low and not stopping fast enough I found a happy medium that worked well. The Morryde shop could not be any nicer and the waiting room is a great place hang out. I worked from there for two days without any trouble. I would do the changes all over again. It was worth the trip and I had a great time at Heartland factory tour. Rob is the shop manager and Alicia was the front desk person. They made me feel at home.

DirtyMax88

I too just returned last Saturday from Morryde getting the IS and disc brakes installed. I drove 2015 miles from Las Vegas to get there with the older suspension then 4 days later drove the same roads coming back home. The difference is big. Really big. Does the IS take out all the bumps in the road, no, but it does make the ride much smoother. The disc brakes were a big change and took me some time to get use to them. After setting the controller too high and jerking me out of my seat then too low and not stopping fast enough I found a happy medium that worked well. The Morryde shop could not be any nicer and the waiting room is a great place hang out. I worked from there for two days without any trouble. I would do the changes all over again. It was worth the trip and I had a great time at Heartland factory tour. Rob is the shop manager and Alicia was the front desk person. They made me feel at home.

I too had the seat jerking experience :) Forgot to turn the controller down and locked them up pulling on to main street there. No biggy though. It's great to hear other experiences were as good as ours! What a difference it does make!

Oregon_Camper

Good Morning everyone. Just returned from our trip to MorRyde to have the independent suspension (We got the 8k suspension, with the grease-able bearings) and disc brakes installed on our Landmark. All I can say is WOW. The ride difference in unbelievable. You can feel the bumps in the truck, but nothing from the trailer. Honestly, there were times that we would forget it was even back there. We have to take the PA turnpike up and back, going up it felt like driving over a washboard. Coming home you could barely feel a thing. The investment is worth every penny, in my opinion. The brakes work very well too, had to turn my controller way down. She stops so much better now. Our technician was awesome, super nice guy, even let us watch over his shoulder from time to time, to see how things were going. They really take great pride in their work. Everything is custom built from scratch, it isn't just a take parts out of a box and toss them on type of thing. They took several measurements with the trailer hooked to the truck, even managed to level the trailer out more for us, we were about an inch high in the rear. I cant say enough about the first class facility/operations they have there. It's hard to find people in this day and age that really take pride in their work and stands behind their product. I attached a few pictures...

Would it be ok to ask for the costs involved in doing this? The pictures looks amazing. :)