MorRyde Sliding Drawer Modification (prototype)

danemayer

I added a small s-hook on each end to guide the string a little better (closed up the s) and replaced the string with 1/8" nylon cord.

I know there's someone out there who will invent a more elegant solution. For the moment, I'm happy to be able to push the slide as well as pull it.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I'd like to help but I do not have a sliding tray to play with. I believe with this giant basement of ours that it would take up too much valuable real estate. I have every square inch used and then some.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I added a small s-hook on each end to guide the string a little better (closed up the s) and replaced the string with 1/8" nylon cord.

I know there's someone out there who will invent a more elegant solution. For the moment, I'm happy to be able to push the slide as well as pull it.
Definitely a clever and very handy idea Dan. That was always a PITA to walk around to pull the tray out the other side to get to the things I had stored underneath.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Mrsfish

We're actually installing our tray on Monday. After looking at the way Dan, Jim and Kevin Wolbeck did theirs, I'm pretty excited. We are putting the tray on small blocks to lift it slightly which will give us storage room underneath for things like the table, flag poles, etc. also adding a box under the rig to store our little giant (thanks Jerrod) and 2 lippert storage boxes underneath to get the sewer tools out of the pass through. Added the Rubbermaid system on the walls for small rags, small holders and regularly used spray cans. Oh - and figured out a way to hang the water filters on the wall while we're traveling! RIck leaves in a couple weeks for 2 months of running around the country. These mods should help- I hope!

richheck

Seasoned Member
How about this. This is a set of small lifting eyebolt rings, a package of 10. Mount them upside down in the top rail frame as 3 spaced along should definitely hold the string up adequately (22 in. between eyebolts) to keep it out of the rollers (plus one at each end). Otherwise, rig it exactly as Dan did.
View attachment 53957

Make sure you offset the eyebolts, otherwise they will catch the part of the rail that protrudes (kind of hard to see, need flashlight) to stop the slide at the end of its run (both sides). I used the 3.5mm x 5mm eyebolts and 3.5mm lock nuts on mine and its works great. I plan on replacing the cords with vinyl coated cables for longevity later on.

jbeletti

We're actually installing our tray on Monday. After looking at the way Dan, Jim and Kevin Wolbeck did theirs, I'm pretty excited. We are putting the tray on small blocks to lift it slightly which will give us storage room underneath for things like the table, flag poles, etc. also adding a box under the rig to store our little giant (thanks Jerrod) and 2 lippert storage boxes underneath to get the sewer tools out of the pass through. Added the Rubbermaid system on the walls for small rags, small holders and regularly used spray cans. Oh - and figured out a way to hang the water filters on the wall while we're traveling! RIck leaves in a couple weeks for 2 months of running around the country. These mods should help- I hope!

Ann - on my new coach with a new MORryde tray, they included mounting feet. From their website, they're called "Cargo Sliding Tray Extenders". It allowed me to set mine at a height that was perfect. I have it high enough that I can store that collapsible ladder I bought from Rick - under the tray :)
Here's an image from the MR website:
Google ChromeScreenSnapz350.jpg

Mrsfish

Ann - on my new coach with a new MORryde tray, they included mounting feet. From their website, they're called "Cargo Sliding Tray Extenders". It allowed me to set mine at a height that was perfect. I have it high enough that I can store that collapsible ladder I bought from Rick - under the tray :)
View attachment 54222

hmmm. Hadn't seen those. May have to wait a couple of days till install.

richheck

Seasoned Member
View attachment 54222
Jim:

You originally stated you would be flying to Seven Feathers next month, hopefully this has changed being I would like to see these on your coach. I custom cut some lumber for mine but like the MR items better. I see they are selling on Amazon for $80.00 but would like to see them first.

jbeletti

Jim:

You originally stated you would be flying to Seven Feathers next month, hopefully this has changed being I would like to see these on your coach. I custom cut some lumber for mine but like the MR items better.

Rich - I will be there "with the RV" :) My MORryde tray is sitting on a pallet wrapped in plastic next to the house right now as I am working on some mods, but it will be reinstalled before I hit the road. See you there!

richheck

Seasoned Member
Great, hopefully not to much smoke from the "Chetco Bar Fire" over by Brookings, we are scheduled for Brookings the week before Canyonville.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

happykraut

When I installed my tray, I took a 2x4 and ripped it on my radial arm saw to the width that I wanted. If you don't have a saw, Lowes will most likely rip it for you.

porthole

Retired
When I installed my tray, I took a 2x4 and ripped it on my radial arm saw to the width that I wanted. If you don't have a saw, Lowes will most likely rip it for you.

You ripped a 2x4 on a radial arm ?

- - - Updated - - -

Rich - I will be there "with the RV" :) My MORryde tray is sitting on a pallet wrapped in plastic next to the house right now as I am working on some mods, but it will be reinstalled before I hit the road. See you there!

Didn't you have a tray already in the rig?

jbeletti

Didn't you have a tray already in the rig?
Yes, but I temporarily removed it a couple weeks ago to work on a few mods:
- Cheap Heat Install
- Grill Lift Install
- Storage Bay LIght Switches Relocation
- Level Up Control Panel Relocation
- Water Plant Removal, Rebuild, Reinstallation

porthole

Retired
Yes, but I temporarily removed it a couple weeks ago to work on a few mods:
- Cheap Heat Install
- Grill Lift Install
- Storage Bay LIght Switches Relocation
- Level Up Control Panel Relocation
- Water Plant Removal, Rebuild, Reinstallation

Gotcha

How did the Cheap Heat go? Mine is still in the box waiting to see if the trailer ever gets built :rolleyes:
Documented?

Grill lift - a Jerrod thing?

Where did they put the LevelUp?

jbeletti

Gotcha

How did the Cheap Heat go? Mine is still in the box waiting to see if the trailer ever gets built :rolleyes:
Documented?

Grill lift - a Jerrod thing?

Where did they put the LevelUp?

Grill Lift - yes, a Jerrod thing :) He did 90% of the work. I had 1 item welded locally and I did the wiring the other day for the linear actuator and switch. Now just need to drill holes in the base plate, paint it and install it. Incomplete project link

Level Up controller was in the standard LM location in the plastic housing along with a storage bay light switch, mounted to the ceiling on the ODS, just inside the bay door. I relocated it to the propane cabinet door - link

Cheap Heat - Install went well. Took my time on it, working a couple hours a day, sporadically over a week or so. There's a lot of room in the Newport to do this install as the water heater is on the DS - so it's not in the way - link

porthole

Retired
Move this to your Newport thread if it flows better.

So what is behind door number 18" of space?

My LevelUp had about 20' of extra wire, are they still doing that? Looks like you had to lengthen the harness.

Cheap heat, which wattage setting did you choose?

IIRC, at Goshen Larry told me the newest versions can automatically switch between 120 and 240 based on your power source.

Is the Mylar duct insulated?

Nice boxing in of the controls. Did you source the carpet from amazon?

I bought the Cheap Heat before we did the trailer order, even then is was on speculation that there might not even be enough room in the Cyclone to install it.