Mountain Region Chat Room

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Congratulations Cheyenne on your new job, and also to Dakota on her retirement. We know how proud you are of both of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Look for an official announcement within a couple of weeks from Julie!!!
She will be introducing our new Utah Chapter Leaders....
THis is so exciting and yet difficult in waiting....
Be sure to give them a great warm welcome!

Doublegranch

Oh WOW....let the war begin!
Either way, I am most grateful for all the support both provide us "Grunts"!!
Thank YOU!

Apropdoc

Utah Chapter Leaders-retired
Oh WOW....let the war begin!
Either way, I am most grateful for all the support both provide us "Grunts"!!
Thank YOU!

I have had the pleasure of working with members of the other three branches of the DoD! If we didn't perform our own particular missions, then the total outcomes would never have worked. Same goes for today and the future! God Bless all those who have sacrificed and continue to do so!
On a side note, that picture is of me in Operation DESERT STORM, getting ready to launch another sortie supporting our allied troops (Jan 1991, in Qatar)

Doublegranch

Rory & Amy:
You guys are off to a terrific start for the year 2017....You have expanded the Utah Chapter by two new members and 9 new Usernames in less than 2 months! Congratulations as your dedication and hard work is paying off! I may need to have a taste of whatever you guys are drinking!!!

Apropdoc

Utah Chapter Leaders-retired
Wow. My son is serving on the Carl Vinson. First of children to serve. Powerful!

Congrats! My 2nd born is a USMC Lance Corp. crewing attack helos. Having a child follow their hearts and serving their country is a real button popper!

Doublegranch

Finally getting around to posting a couple pictures of my Barn modification for the Sundance. Finished the construction 2 days prior to my shoulder surgery...New barn doors with lift master's screw jacks were installed while I was recuperating. I will finish after my rehab is completed and repaint the barn and add a double gate in the back of the barn paddock fence. I will be able to drive around the barn and drive through in either direction.
The original doors were 10 ft high and 10'6" wide on both ends of the barn. Had to cut the header out
knock out 4 feet of concrete block, take out a couple of windows and remove the attic floor which was all tongue and groove plywood.
Now I have a 14 ft high x 10'6" wide door on each end of the barn.
Don't mind the mess, still need to paint and remove a ton of junk from inside...amazing what a 15 x 50 foot attic will collect.
Now the Sundance 3100 CK will have an Inside home with 30 amp hook up when not on the Rally circuit.

Not sure why the pic's are sideways...not on a apple. Will try to reload.

Attachments

• barn.jpg
    barn.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 59
  • Barn 1.jpg
    Barn 1.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 52

NewHopians

Gary nice home for the Sundance. Be nicer when you get it done. I think there will be two of us at Karchner with Travelers. We both are waiting to compare. See you Friday!

Doublegranch

Just got the first tour of Ducky's Traveler...wow really impressive!
Can't wait to see your model and compare....
See you in a couple days.

Doublegranch

Wild Fire - Sonoita
Thank you all for the many emails and PM's asking about my safety and the Ranch from the wild fire! It is currently north of the ranch and the winds are taking it in from SW to NE direction. I am not concerned about it at this time. I think the last count was it has moved some 23 miles thus far.
The winds continue to blow up to 30 mph and that hasn't helped in containment. They only had 7% contained as of yesterday afternoon.
If the winds shift, I may load up the girls and Sundance and take off.

Hope all goes well before my Trip to the NM Rally next week.

NewHopians

Wild Fire - Sonoita
Thank you all for the many emails and PM's asking about my safety and the Ranch from the wild fire! It is currently north of the ranch and the winds are taking it in from SW to NE direction. I am not concerned about it at this time. I think the last count was it has moved some 23 miles thus far.
The winds continue to blow up to 30 mph and that hasn't helped in containment. They only had 7% contained as of yesterday afternoon.
If the winds shift, I may load up the girls and Sundance and take off.

Hope all goes well before my Trip to the NM Rally next week.

=Newhopians: Garry you should be in good shape now. There are over six hundred fire fighters out there and it is mostly now in the Whetstone Mountains. The crews worked on the south east flank today and are getting a good handle on it. It is a little over 20% contained and by tomorrow there should be a good line around the fire. With concentration on working the hot spots on the interior of the burn area. Of course praying for the wind to stay in our favor. Keep it in prayer.