Mountain Region Chat Room

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Mike & Edythe:

Hey I appreciate your input...Thanks for the offer to help as well....I have a couple specific ideas in mind that I will share after I get some more input from the group! I will probably use the poll system as I did with the initial Regional Rally.

chiefaret

Food for "Thought" Survey!!!
In planning our future Mountain Regional Rally's....our initial survey showed you wanted them every two years!
Questions:
1. Do you still want a Mountain Regional Rally's every two years or every year????
2. Would you attend a Regional Rally that was held over a Thanksgiving Holiday with all the holiday feast provided???
3. Would you prefer a Mountain Regional Rally in the Fall (Sept / Oct) in a warm climate or in the Winter( Nov/ Jan) in a warm climate?????
4. Would you vote for A: Thanksgiving Rally with all the Holiday festivities. B: Hawaiian Pig Roast, with actual pigs being roasted on site. Yes other foods will be available for those of us that don't eat pork!
I appreciate your input towards future planning! While our first Mtn Regional Rally isn't until June 2018, future planning is always a "top of mind awareness" to secure desirable sites to hold the number of attendees anticipated! Current budget is for 100 Rigs & 200 attendees. This may change in the future and hopefully expand, but for now 100 rigs is the number...
I know you all think I am crazy for thinking so many years out,,,,,but there is a reason to my "madness".....

1. Every two years is good
2. Might come once if the boss would let us be away from the kids at TG, but unlikely
3 Either one, cool in the hot times, warm in the cool times
4. B, pig roast

brianlajoie

In planning our future Mountain Regional Rally's....our initial survey showed you wanted them every two years!
Questions:
1. Do you still want a Mountain Regional Rally's every two years or every year????
2. Would you attend a Regional Rally that was held over a Thanksgiving Holiday with all the holiday feast provided???
3. Would you prefer a Mountain Regional Rally in the Fall (Sept / Oct) in a warm climate or in the Winter( Nov/ Jan) in a warm climate?????
4. Would you vote for A: Thanksgiving Rally with all the Holiday festivities. B: Hawaiian Pig Roast, with actual pigs being roasted on site. Yes other foods will be available for those of us that don't eat pork!

1) Every 2 years works for us. 2) Not sure I could commit to late Nov rally. The weather is likely to be bad. I wouldn't plan on going west over the mountains, but maybe south if Raton is clear. 3) We are open to either fall or winter. We really like Tucson last February. 4) Depends if the rally is in the fall or winter. I'm liking option C though.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Questions:
I appreciate your input towards future planning! While our first Mtn Regional Rally isn't until June 2018, future planning is always a "top of mind awareness" to secure desirable sites to hold the number of attendees anticipated! Current budget is for 100 Rigs & 200 attendees. This may change in the future and hopefully expand, but for now 100 rigs is the number...
I know you all think I am crazy for thinking so many years out,,,,,but there is a reason to my "madness".....

1) I think that every other year is good.

2) Any time after Halloween through January 1st. is not good for not only weather, but holiday schedules.

We've made the Arizona Rallies the last two years, plus are scheduled for Lake Havasu in January and we've been lucky we haven't run into any mountain snow yet. We've worked a couple of extra days in for the trip just in case and so far haven't needed them.

3) Most of us have our Fall HOC Rallies September, so I think that October would be a great time for a Regional Rally!

4) B - Hawaiian Pig Roast

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Mancos CO Chapter Rally. 9/14-9/17, 2017

I just want to remind Mt. Region Members of our rally next year. Ancient Cedars contacted me and said they would reserve 26 sites for us instead of the original 20. The deadline is Aug. 1 2017 to sign up but this is their busy time of year and there are people starting to call for reservations. If you are considering this rally, please contact them before this time if possible. We hope the Region members from the surrounding states can join us for this fun rally.

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Attention fellow Colorado Heartlanders:
You may have heard that there will be a total Solar Eclipse in our neighborhood the morning of August 21, 2017. The Colorado Springs Astronomical Society (CSAS) is partnering with the park personnel at Lake Glendo, WY, to assist in viewing this event. Lake Glendo is just off I-25, and directly on the centerline of the path of totality! It is about a four hour drive from Colorado Springs, less if you live further north.

CSAS will host a star gazing event both Saturday and Sunday nights. We will give a presentation during the day Sunday on how to view the eclipse. (Please, do not ever stare directly at the sun!!) Monday, the morning of the eclipse, you are free to join us, or if the weather is cloudy, hopefully move to a cloudless site (like US!).

The campground at Lake Glendo is huge - it has over 500 campsites. If you are interested, I would recommend making reservations early, but NOTE that you can only reserve up to 90 days early!

Also, please note this is not a Heartland organized event, but I wanted to pass this on just FYI. Feel free to contact me for more information, skyguy@compdyna.com

Al Schlafli

Doublegranch

Al:
CORRECTION FROM MY PREVIOUS POST>>>>

What a great event....didn't see the year was 2017....I will put this on my calendar if there aren't any Rally's in the Mountain Region.....

Mrsfish

What az rally in August of 2017?? I don't want to miss anything and this one must have gotten by me.

Doublegranch

After one year of twice a week training, a battery of tests, Miss Cheyenne took her final exam yesterday in Tucson AZ and pass without a hitch!!!
She is now a certified Service Dog for PTSD. A big Thank You to Soldiers Best Friend for all the training and support to Veterans!
Dakota will retire at the end of the year and it will be hard on her for awhile.

MTPockets

After one year of twice a week training, a battery of tests, Miss Cheyenne took her final exam yesterday in Tucson AZ and pass without a hitch!!!
She is now a certified Service Dog for PTSD. A big Thank You to Soldiers Best Friend for all the training and support to Veterans!
Dakota will retire at the end of the year and it will be hard on her for awhile.
Two thumbs up for both of you! Nice work!

jbeletti

Congrats Garry and Miss Cheyenne!