Mountain Region Chat Room

MTPockets

That was a quick trip! Happy all went well for you. Anxious to see pics; more anxious to see it in person.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Okay 3 pictures loaded on the intro post...about all I will get done tonight...taking a looooong time..

Doublegranch

Mike: Thanks and also for the offer to let me sleep in the belly of your Rig!!!! Yep no more cabins!!!!
See you in Springs...should be a great rally!

Doublegranch

Oh Mike! That would really be a site to see! I have two doors one on each end so I think a running start might get me in farther!!!
The only way I got the North Trail inside was with a low profile AC and then had to hook up to the Tractor and bring it in by lowering the the rear 3 point hitch...I had 1.25 inch clearance! Made me pucker a few times...

I think the Sundance will have to be happy under a pole barn type facility. Haven't made up my mind on the design yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Terry: That isn't funny but the "Truth"... I am really uncomfortable backing it up but will get some lessons from you in the near future!!!

Doublegranch

Rich & Vicki: THanks, I am looking forward to getting out and enjoying the new "Room"....wow a lot more room vs the North Trail....
Not sure what I will do with all that space!!!

Doublegranch

Jamie:

The truck was outstanding! It pulled like nothing was behind it..Hit some major winds and rain storms and no issues!
This is the second Ram I have had with the exhaust brake but my first automatic trans and tow haul...wow what a nice combination!! While the exhaust brake has always been great but while under tow haul you just don't need to use the brakes unless you need to come to a complete stop.
I am loving the Aisin Trans and not looking back at all my years with the manual & shifting. That extra 55 gal bed tank makes a big difference in long haul towing...

rvallen

Garry,
We thought the same thing when we got our Big Country, it was 6' longer than our old rig, but you know what we are using all the space and love every inch we have, especially the two bathrooms. We also signed up for the New Mexico Rally May 2017 and looking forward to seeing how you have used all that new space----but wait we will see you at Havasu and by then you will have the Sundance broke in. Rich Allen

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Jamie:

The truck was outstanding! It pulled like nothing was behind it..Hit some major winds and rain storms and no issues!
This is the second Ram I have had with the exhaust brake but my first automatic trans and tow haul...wow what a nice combination!! While the exhaust brake has always been great but while under tow haul you just don't need to use the brakes unless you need to come to a complete stop.
I am loving the Aisin Trans and not looking back at all my years with the manual & shifting. That extra 55 gal bed tank makes a big difference in long haul towing...

Yeah. I figured it would be a towing beast. They really hit onto a great combination with the Aisin and Cummins. The truck rides nice too.

Do you run your exhaust break on full or automatic? I'm still playing around with the combination of tow haul mode and exhaust break features.

Looking good!!

Doublegranch

I generally always run my exhaust brake on full towing or not....but I really didn't think about placing it on auto when under tow. Auto gives you a little free wheeling until you touch the brake but I am in the habit of "on full"....guess it's because my older Ramm 2011 didn't have that option.
The EB is a lot stronger on Tow Haul and you sound like a semi on the highway....I love it.

- - - Updated - - -

Garry,
We thought the same thing when we got our Big Country, it was 6' longer than our old rig, but you know what we are using all the space and love every inch we have, especially the two bathrooms. We also signed up for the New Mexico Rally May 2017 and looking forward to seeing how you have used all that new space----but wait we will see you at Havasu and by then you will have the Sundance broke in. Rich Allen

[You know the girls don't carry a lot of baggage except for their raw food...Thus I got the larger refrigerator!! It will be interesting if I use all that space and if I do, will I remember I have all that "Stuff"...I had stuff in the NT that I had forgotten about until I unloaded it for sale! I know brining all the prizes for the Rally's will fill it up, but that will be just one way....Can't wait to see you and Vicki! ]

dlw930

Congratulations on the new Sundance!! Looking forward to seeing it in Vegas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rollin_Free

While everyone thinks they have problems...Check out this guys "Start of a Bad Day"....

I haven't seen it happen this way but I saw one sitting on a roller trailer get disconnected at the top of the ramp and on the way down to the water he stopped about half way down and the boat didn't. Either way it's an expensive mistake.

Doublegranch

Just got an email from Paul & Jana our AZ Members in Bullhead city....
A strong wind blew their 2016 Landmark 365 over on it's side.
Paul was inside when it happened and he appears to be okay except for a few bruises
and some "shell shock". Insurance will be out tomorrow and it may appear to be totaled.

Please send a few good thoughts their way!