Mounting bedroom tv

yepuhuh

Ok in ,y BH I mounted a swivel arm tv mount and I'm not real happy with it. We recently went to Daytona RV rally and I noticed a lot of 5th wheel tv's in the bedroom was mounted on the wall. The issue we have with ours is laying in bed the tv has a weird picture unless we point it down.

So I am thinking about a flat mount and am scared to hang anything on the wall

Is there anything behind the wall I can mount to?

DuaneG

Check with heartland. We were told there was a 5/8 inch thick piece of plywood behind the wall where we wanted to mount the tv, but each unit may be a little different.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
You could probe for that piece of plywood with a small (1/16") drill bit in the area you want to secure the mount. In our case, I made a mounting "insert" from 3/4" plywood that sits on the shelf and is attached to the cabinets on either side. The articulating/tilting mount is attached to that, so no worries about ripping the wall off the trailer.

The original TV (stolen) had a standard base and sat flat on the shelf. We had the same problem with the screen being next to invisible when viewed from the bed. With this mounting, the viewing is fine.

View attachment 22184

yepuhuh

You could probe for that piece of plywood with a small (1/16") drill bit in the area you want to secure the mount. In our case, I made a mounting "insert" from 3/4" plywood that sits on the shelf and is attached to the cabinets on either side. The articulating/tilting mount is attached to that, so no worries about ripping the wall off the trailer.

The original TV (stolen) had a standard base and sat flat on the shelf. We had the same problem with the screen being next to invisible when viewed from the bed. With this mounting, the viewing is fine.

View attachment 22184

I like the way you did that. can you share more pictures and where you got that articulating arm?

JohnDar

I got the arm from Jensen. Actually got two, so the main TV uses the same arm. I believe it is their MAC-40 model. It was on sale for $10 when I ordered two TV's to replace the ones that were stolen two years ago. I'll get some better photos of the shelf mount (since the TV is off it now for winter storage. Still have a couple of little things to do at the rig before the bottom falls off the thermometer here.

wdk450

On my 2008 Bighorn I was able to put mounting bolts/washers/nuts/ through the cabinet wall to the storage cabinet immediately to the rear of the TV surround box. I used a dual pivot arm. I positioned the mount low enough that tilted level the TV can sit on the interior bottom of the TV surround box during travel, and by tilting it , the TV can be swung out for viewing from bed. All flat screen TV's have viewing angle limitations due to lens-type outer coverings over the actual display screen. All you can do is read the specs - some are better than others, but many only spec side-to-side viewing angles and not up and down viewing angles.

mobilcastle

Mine is mounted between two cabinets. Two pieces of wood about 3/4 x 3/4 strips are fixed to the cabinets for the correct angle then a piece of OSB board was attached to the TV. The OSB board sticks out past the edge of the TV and screws in to the the two wood strips behind it for a solid mount. The plywood is covered by a black material for a finished looking product.

JohnDar

Trying this from my phone, let's see if I can pull the photos from it.
Although I made the insert to sit flush and square, I found the installer of the shelf had no idea of the concept. Hence the little filler blocks you see.

View attachment 22344