Moving on... Landmark to Country Coach

brianharrison

Interesting - I found it difficult to identify which forum to post a thread about my new RV. Because it is not a Heartland (SOB) I could not post in any of the Heartland dedicated forums...... :). So here it is in "What's your plans?"

Unfortunately Heartland does not make an A-Class diesel pusher (directly - but I am not interested in a Thor branded coach). If Heartland did I would consider it carefully, as I am going to miss the Heartland customer service, and this forum community. Thanks Jim, and moderators past and present, for creating and managing such a great community forum of HL owners and looking out for our interests.

Anyhow, I have purchased a 2007 Country Coach 37 foot Allure 470 Sunset Bay floor plan. It is a middle line model from Country Coach when they were making coaches (stopped in 2010). They have started back up and are selling parts and service are launching a new coach in 2016. I also bought the previous owners TOAD - 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited (it has a HEMI!).

The coach has a 400 Cummins ISL with side rad, pre emissions (no DPF, SCR, EGR, DEF). Well appointed.

I will be sad to part with my Landmark, it is a great unit.

btw - For sale in Alberta Canada - one Landmark Grand Canyon. Will post soon in the for sale with particulars. Also one 2008 F350 outfitted for towing.

Thanks to everyone here - I have learned a lot from you since 2011.

I think I can still be a member of the forum, just not a Heartland Club member once I sell the Landmark.

Take care.

Brian
DSC05321.jpgIMG_1240.jpg

jbeletti

Hi Brian,

Thanks for posting your life change here. We will miss you as a Heartland owner and club member, but for sure, please consider remaining a part of this online community. Most of us won't be able to help you with your Country Coach, but you can still help others here and we're interested to hear how your doing with the new platform.

wdk450

Brian:
You DO know that the Country Coach company is long out of business in Junction City, Oregon, and all support will have to be aftermarket.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Nice rig. If we ever get tired of our BH, I'd seriously consider going the same route to a Class A.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brianharrison

Brian:
You DO know that the Country Coach company is long out of business in Junction City, Oregon, and all support will have to be aftermarket.

Bill,

Country Coach Corporation LLC bought the IP, molds, parts, etc out of bankruptcy and restarted the service and parts for CC. Ron Lee is president and was one of the original founders of CC. They have restarted CC business and are providing service and OEM parts for original coaches.

I had made contact with them before I finalized the deal and got the original build sheet for my coach.

They are building a new prototype coach for 2015 and have plans to restart production.

A lot of the employees of CCI LLC are from the old company.

Brian

ILH

Hi Brian,

Sorry to see you leaving the Heartland family - but excited for you and your new adventures. My wife and I are seriously thinking that when we retire (she's the last to go in just under 4 years), we'll probably go class A with a toad wheelchair van behind for our son. Like you, I wish Heartland had a class A (specifically a diesel pusher).

wdk450

Brian:
My post was based on seeing their vacant plant facilities in Junction City in 2010 while visiting the Swedish Festival there. I'm glad you have OEM support. Happy RVing!!!!