Must Do's in Dallas and Houston

Jim_Hull

Taking our Big Country to Dallas and Houston from Christmas to New Years. What are the must do's and recommended things to see in each? We will have about 3 days in each.

DIYJunkie

Johnson Control Center in Houston. Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza and Museum of the American Railroad in Dallas. Fort Worth Stockyards in Fort Worth. Galveston TX

Jim_Hull

DIYJunkie,

Thanks for the reply. Everything you listed is on my list with the exception of the Railroad Museum. Wasn't aware of that one. That is why I asked.

Jim

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Consider while downtown going to Reunion Tower (the tower with the lighted ball on top, iconic in the skyline.) I hear they have a new interactive observation deck that's pretty cool.

There's also the George Bush Presidential Library and the Perot Museum that I hear are pretty neat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jayc

Legendary Member
Here area few other choices:

A couple of things to add for the Houston area are the San Jacinto Monument and the nearby Battleship Texas, both in Pasadena. Kemah Boardwalk-fine restaurants and other attractions-Kemah is in the same general area as Pasadena-south east area.

The Houston Zoo, Houston Museum of Fine Arts, Houston Downtown Aquarium, Houston Museum of Natural Science, Space Center Houston, Minute Maid Park-home of the WORLD CHAMPION Houston Astros

Galveston-Moody Gardens, Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier, Bishop Palace, Historic Strand, assorted tree sculptures throughout Galveston (leftovers from hurricanes), Galveston-Port Bolivar ferry ride (free).

If you have interest in industrial areas, Texas City has a large selection of large chemical plants and huge refineries. Very impressive to see at night.

Have fun!

jayc

Legendary Member
I'm from Galveston and have spent lots of time in Houston and the surrounding area. There is plenty more to do in and around Houston but this is a good start.

PondSkum

San Jacinto Monument and Battleship Texas in La Porte are pretty cool to check out.

Make sure you hit up a Buccee's store along the route also. Plenty of room for RV parking, cheap gas, and Beaver Nuggets!

- - - Updated - - -

There are also a few local breweries that do tours if your into that sort of thing.

Karbach Brewing
St. Arnold Brewing Company
Budweiser
Buffalo Bayou Brewing