Must Have's

Cholo

Getting ready to order a new Arlington. Would like input from all members about some of the must have's from the factory as well as dealer installed options that I should get prior to delivery.
I will be full timing.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Download the MSRP from the forum. It will have all the options and you can choose from them. Then you can add up the base and all option $$$. At times their are options that may not be on the MSRP...your dealer can find out if their are other's. OR, you can HL yourself, ask for LM sales and ask for yourself. Then take 30% off that number and then go make your deal. Dealers mark up trailers sometimes $30K or more than the HL MSRP. BTW, taking the 30% off is reducing the cost of all options.

Dual pane windows
awning covers
full body paint
genset if you do dry camping
3 A/C's

rxbristol

You don't say if you're full-timing or not. With the options available on the Arlington, I think the must haves are:

MORryde hitch (I like the FlexAir better)
King bed
washer/dryer (if full timing)
Elec fireplace (if full timing)
Dual pane windows (absolutely critical)
3rd A/C (if using during the summer time)
Slide awnings

Cholo

You don't say if you're full-timing or not. With the options available on the Arlington, I think the must haves are:

MORryde hitch (I like the FlexAir better)
King bed
washer/dryer (if full timing)
Elec fireplace (if full timing)
Dual pane windows (absolutely critical)
3rd A/C (if using during the summer time)
Slide awnings

Thanks for the ideas. I will be full timing.

Birchwood

Above all dual panes and full body paint.Most other options can be added.White gel coat with decals can be maddening and adding dual panes may be expensive.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Power cord reel, 6pt LevelUp system along with the previously mentioned items are must have options for me.
I already have most options now.

Peace
Dave

MTPockets

Water Softener - check out www.softcellwater.com - also, if you will be using the water pump from the tank, an accumulator tank is really nice to have. Also, the propane genset is great for those travel day rest stops and when campground power goes out. We don't dry camp, but find the gen a great asset.

rxbristol

Water Softener - check out www.softcellwater.com - also, if you will be using the water pump from the tank, an accumulator tank is really nice to have. Also, the propane genset is great for those travel day rest stops and when campground power goes out. We don't dry camp, but find the gen a great asset.

I didn't appreciate a water softener until we were in New Mexico--lime coated everything. So, we purchased the On The Go water softener--it's very easy to regenerate.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I didn't appreciate a water softener until we were in New Mexico--lime coated everything. So, we purchased the On The Go water softener--it's very easy to regenerate.

When we stayed at Elephant Butte, NM on the way down to the Tucson Rodeo Rally in February, we hooked up to the water there and if was full of white stuff and had a funny taste.

I gave the whole water system a good flush once we arrived in Tucson, and knowing that we were going to spend one night at the same place in Elephant Butte on the way home I filled our fresh water tank about half way before we left.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

The Landmark Arlington has a lot of the features standard.
the guys hit most of the must haves

The Landmark comes with Level-up if it didn't that would be #1

1) Dual pane windows (FOR SURE) big difference inside and no condensation inside RV during cold weather
2) The Yeti package if you plan on doing any cold weather camping
3) Factory installed slide toppers
4) Alumaguard awning covers
5) Full body paint
6) Onan 5500 genset if you do dry camping or a lot of travailing
7) 3 A/C's
8) Induction cook top is standard, but you might prefer the gas stove and oven as an option. we miss it but have finally gotten used to it. Not having gas unit.
9) Washer and dryer. We don't have it but we go home all the time so no loss for us.
10) at least 1 Fantastic Fan I wish they could put 1 more but with 3 AC's it wasn't an option
and #
11) A Wine fridge for DW. LOL

12) If your going to be doing a lot of traveling "DISC BRAKES" the factory disc are good better then drum but MoreRyde are better, but you'll have to install them after you take delivery.
also the Titan disc brakes seem to be a real good option too.

Well that's my list.

The rest you can put on later when you start the Mod mania craze.

Cholo

So much for me getting ready to order a new Arlington!! Looks like they have been discontinued! Thoughts as to what will replace them?

danemayer

So much for me getting ready to order a new Arlington!! Looks like they have been discontinued! Thoughts as to what will replace them?

If you really love the Arlington, call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Ask for Landmark 365 sales and they can help you locate units on dealer lots.