My 2012 Ford F450 Classy Chassis truck build

jbeletti

...What colour will you have the box painted ? Will it be 2 tone to match the cab ?

Bill,

The box will be painted to match the cab, including the 2-tone scheme. Take a look at the hauler at the top of the Classy Chassis website at the link in post 1 of this thread. It will look the same as that paint scheme.

Jim

jbeletti

JD,

With regard to weight and how the air bag leveling works, here's the answers from Tom Martin:

The Aluminum Classy RV Hauler will add a est. 300lb to 500lb to you truck's total weight (bear in mind that six lockable storage compartments have been added).

The air overload upgrade is an AirLift system with the wireless remote control. You just push a button to set your air pressure. It does maintain the set pressure automatically.

jbeletti

I added 2 images to post 1 of this thread. They are images of a truck (not mine, but the ame as mine) before the bed was removed.

porthole

Retired
With regard to weight and how the air bag leveling works, here's the answers from Tom Martin:

The extra weight, the bags at 5 psi when unloaded and maybe better shocks should make for a nice unloaded ride.
The air lift wireless is great for adjusting on the fly.

You will really Like it when you come up to your driveway. Dump the air when you get in the development and by the time you get to your driveway the air wil be dumped and you'll have some extra clearance at the stern when backing in.

truknutt

Committed Member
When I first looked at the stock 450 photo I thought the tires looked so small for those wheel openings. I checked out the 2012 Super Duty specs and found that the 450 only comes with 17" wheels & tires now (my 2009 came with 19.5s). I think the newer rear fender lips help add to the illusion of a huge wheel opening. After seeing the finished product on the Classy Chassis site, it looks as if they sculpted the rear fender perfectly. Can't wait to see the new truck and Landmark hooked up together.

loafer

OH Yeah just went to Classy,website thats going to be one sweet ride Jim Love what they do with the paint.Id like to be 3 rd in line to borrow the keys LOL
Very nice we are all jealous now.
Bill

porthole

Retired
Hey Jim - just a thought.

Look at the 4th picture you posted.
Those horizontal black things are the cab vents.

I would suggest asking CC to install a grommet somewhere below and to the outside of hose vents.
It will make life sooooooo much easier when you start adding stuff and want an easy way to get through the cab.

Stop at a dealer or check the campsites and look at someone's truck, behind the seat.

jbeletti

Hi Duane,

I'm familiar with those vents. And your idea is a good one. I've inserted grommets from the inside (current truck) and I've used removable plates that are below the cab to get inside with wiring.

I "think" I am okay for wiring in my current build plan :)

BTW, and I'll put up a link and pic later, borrowing on something TerryH did in his new truck, I'm having CC install a device I sent them. It's an ignition sensing timer based power distribution block. It will be fused and wired hot plus wired to an ignition switched supply for the relay in it. It has DIP switches to program the timer. It has 6 screw lug outputs each capable of 5 amps of current and each output fused on the block with small blade fuses.

I've asked for this to be mounted in the cab to the firewall, behind the brake pedal or nearby. Initially, I'll be using it to power the feeds to the TPMS receiver, the backup camera monitor/receiver and the Koolatron cooler.

I'll program it to shut down power 2 hours after the ignition is turned off.

Jim

porthole

Retired
Look forward to it.

I am in the process of building a small timer relay that will allow a directional flood light to come on with the right side turn signal.

This light will be hidden but illuminate the area around trailer tires on the right side. Purpose: to see the tires and curbs at night on right hand turns.

porthole

Retired
I use that site but never checked it for a timed light. That link looks to be simpler then what I am doing. Oh well, I already have the timed latching relay.

jbeletti

Paint Progress on My 2012 Ford F450 Classy Chassis truck build

We have paint!

Below are a couple of pictures of the hauler bed during the painting process. I also asked Tom to shoot a picture of the dash and the rear of the console so I can get a sense of what I have to work with for some other goodies I'll be adding myself. So those pictures appear below as well.

1 - Dash.jpg 2 - Rear of Console.jpg 3 - Painted Bed - Front.jpg 4 - Painted Bed - rear.jpg5 - Primed Headache Rack.jpg

porthole

Retired
Re: Paint Progress on My 2012 Ford F450 Classy Chassis truck build

Looking good. Did you order a tank?