My bald head?

jhardin

I thought my nubby bald head may have been sanding away on my recliner or the straps from traveling. Neither seems to be the problem. It didn't happen overnight, it took a year and a half or more. I have a friend with a BH and it happen only to his wife's chair, needless to say she's not bald.
Has anyone else had this problem? It sure is an ugly sight! Open for suggestions.... if I buy a new recliner, I'll have to buy 2.
Thanks in advance,
Jerry

Attachments

• 20160821_121346.jpg
    20160821_121346.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 227

mlpeloquin

Looks like the leather dried out. This should not happen to an indoor chair. It does happen to auto leather that has not been maintained. I guess I will start using a good leather conditioner.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
We have had no problems with ours, but it did happen to a friend of mine who also owns a Big Horn. They ended up buying two new recliners. I am suspecting their problem was a bad batch of "pleather". Trace

Last edited:

carl.swoyer

Bonded leather is junk. I found it cheaper to buy residential leather than to

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We had this happen on one of our 2010 ElkRidge recliners. We were using a Surefit cover on the recliner for about a year. We decided to remove it and found the headrest looked like yours, so we put a new Surefit cover on it since we were selling the rig. Interestingly, we only used one recliner in the coach for about 2.5 years. The other was inside out house, unused in a spare bedroom. It did not deteriorate.

Our recliners were made by Flexsteel, I found them online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Just the constant rubbing of sitting down and getting up will do it over time. A good leather treatment helps. Ford dealers sell King Ranch leather treatment for the leather seats in the King Ranch trucks. Best I have found to protect leather.

MTPockets

We purchased a decorative bath towel that matched and it looks good.. I put a long bungee cord around the chair at the seam just below the headrest and hook it in the back.. The towell slips under the cord front and rear to keep it in place. It looks nice, covers the defect, and you can wash the towell.

jayc

Legendary Member
I had the same thing happen to the Flair furniture that came with the trailer. They discolored and the pleather material separated. We used a colored "throw" and recently bought some new chairs. Much better quality, so we are happy.

dlw930

I had the same thing happen to the Flair furniture that came with the trailer. They discolored and the pleather material separated. We used a colored "throw" and recently bought some new chairs. Much better quality, so we are happy.

We were so glad to get rid of the cheap a** OEM Flair furniture earlier this summer! I got tired of repairing it. We replaced it with top quality Amish furniture from Lambright's.

Snowbirds

One of our 2014 recliners is doing the same thing. Is it possible to buy just the back from the manufacture AND who does manufacture this POS? We would appreciate any names and phone numbers. Thanks.

olcoon

We've got one chair that's done that in our 2011 Elk Ridge. It's the one I sit in, and the other recliner seldom gets used. It's not just the head rest, but the arms also. I don't use hair products, and seldom use skin lotion. I'm thinking that they are just cheap.

richheck

Seasoned Member
We had the same issues with the recliners in out last "SOB", upgraded to a new 17 LM 365 but ended up removing the recliners that came with the 376 being they were junk. Finally replaced with "Lazyboy" recliners from a furnishings store locally.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
The ones in our 2011 LM are doing the same thing. We are donating them to a local charity and not replacing them right away. Turning the back wall/window area into a place for DW to do her embroidery and quilting. Her sewing table will fit nicely in there.

truenorth

We had the same issues with the recliners in out last "SOB", upgraded to a new 17 LM 365 but ended up removing the recliners that came with the 376 being they were junk. Finally replaced with "Lazyboy" recliners from a furnishings store locally.
My recliners gave out last year on my Big Country and now the same is happening to couch. At least 6 others in our park have same problem.Too bad Heartland or the manufactures can't make a couch that lasts more than 2yrs