My King Ranch is no more...Truck fire

Trap

tdharley said:
Since I have been looking around I have found a lot of people having problems with the Ford tranny. One guy had it changed 3 times in a F450.

It sounds like they have beefed up the Tranny for the F-450 at least with the new 08

Trap

kognito

I thought the pictures would look like my neighbor's Ford Expidition fire, but his was tied to that steering wheel cruise control problem Ford has been having. Doesn't look like your fire started in the steering column.

tdharley

No, they said it started it started in the dashboard.

When I pressed the arson detective for a more specific location he said, jokingly, "What are CSI" & "No we are not going to take it back and look for "trace"".

My tax $$$$$$ hard at work

phranc

Whew !! real devastation.. At least you'll have time to recover before spring camping season..
Say....Where were you in Lake George? Looks like a nice campground..Do you ever go to "Oscars Meat Mkt" in Warrensburg ?

nhunter

Is there any reports on the web about Fords starting on fire as this is the first I have ever heard of it. It's a shame to see a burnt King Ranch. :( I don't think you will find a nicer interior in any pickup

tdharley

There is some recalls on the Ford line, not the King Ranch or any trucks for that matter. As a matter of fact thats what held up my claim. The adjuster need to check that out.

We were at Lake George resort campground, had a excellent weekend. The leaves were turning that week & there was all kinds of fall festivales going on.

Oscar's is always on the list. Love the cheese curds & smoked meats. We go up there a couple of times a year to a dude ranch in Warrensburg & to camp.

cramor

king ranch fire

sorry about your truck, hope all works out for you. in reguards to a fire under the dash- ford has sent recalls out on certain years and models for faulty wiring i believe on the cruise control. i had a 99 f150 that was in the recall and thought my 2000 f350 7.3 was not but just found out it is. i have misplaced the leter and am now trying to find it.

tdharley

Luckily I had the truck in for service a few weeks ago and they caught up on 3 recall or visual inspections

Everything did work out I picked my new truck up last week.

Big Horn 06

Thr problem with the Dodge trans is the tq convertor. The tollerance is soo sloppy, it's pathetic. Something like 65% efficient I read. Just change that and all is good. I can't wait until I get rid of mine. Go for a Goerend one or something of similar quality with a lifetime guarantee. I know for '07 Dodge is putting a 6 speed auto made by Aisin trans (Japanese hd trans maker) I drove an Allison (friend's '05 DM) and my '06 Dodge. The rpm difference isn't that much, but imo, the Dodge has more raw torque and better mpg. Mine feels stronger and my friend tells me he has a hard time getting more than 14 mpg empty. My current trailer is a 25' weighing in at 6000lbs, but I've never got LESS than 12 mpg towing it, with a best of 14 in tow. But, my perfect truck would be Dodge style, Cummins power, GM comfy seats, Allison trans (ain't driven the '07 Dodge 6 spd yet) My Dad is having too many problems with his '03 F-250, bonafide Ford guy, but he's having thoughts after going for a ride in my Dodge, lol!:cool:

Loco

I would cry. Seeing my truck in flames

Sorry to hear about the truck. We have a 2006 Power stroke 4:30 rear F-350 DRW 4x4 four door loaded with everything. It is my wifes truck and she loves it, its her baby. It pulls our Cylcone like there no tomorrow. We are pushing the limits on it as for weight goes. But I put it up to a friends Chevy over the summer going up Mount Eagle Tenn. We won! The Chevy just did not have it on that Mountain. We were at 24000 lbs that day total weight and getting 10 MPG @ 70mph. But I would not buy the new 6.4 till they get the bugs out. I find me a 2006 some where. So far we have 17 K on it no troubles. Knock on wood.
Good luck
Loco