My new purchase

Paul & Nan

And let us know, we are armed and loaded. DH just finished his concealed to carry today. I will do mine later. We will be in Mission and there is a range up the road. Nan

Paul & Nan

Ray-rethink your statement about being illeagal to own a weapon. It is not illeagal in all of Illinois. I think you live in the ignorant area near Chicago. Downstate has he brains to know that self protection, among other things is legal You must have a FOID card, and cannot, yet carry concealed, darn it, but otherwise, OK. Nan

Pulltab

The ammo you want to purchase is Self Defense ammo, it is designed for maximum expansion and at the same time restricting exiting the body. Full metal jacket ammo is NOT a good idea for carrying daily.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ray-rethink your statement about being illeagal to own a weapon. It is not illeagal in all of Illinois. I think you live in the ignorant area near Chicago. Downstate has he brains to know that self protection, among other things is legal You must have a FOID card, and cannot, yet carry concealed, darn it, but otherwise, OK. Nan
I do carry an FOI card. I plan on taking concealed carry class as soon as possible after we arrive in Mission. I will also be joining the NRA.

Brett, thanks for that link. I actually found that site before my purchase. Good info!!

OhioJay

I have a sub-compact XD in .40 caliber. I swear...they made that gun just for me and my hand!! You will not be unhappy with that weapon. I did find the handle to be just a bit too small. My pinky finger fell off the botom of the handle. I bought the extended magazine, and the XD Gear spacer. It now fits my hand perfectly.

If anyone is concerned about "pass through" when shooting a target, generally, the smaller and faster the bullet or round, the greater the odds of pass through. With a bigger and slower round, the likelyhood of pass through diminishes. NOT ALWAYS, I know. But most times.

I don't think that matters much when you're talking about laminate and styrofoam RV walls. My .40 is my carry weapon. I also keep a Taurus Judge by the bed, loaded with .410 shot shells. Very little aim required, and the projectiles are pretty slow. Not a guarantee, I know. But much less likely to cause problems.

hart1369

I have a sub-compact XD in .40 caliber. I swear...they made that gun just for me and my hand!! You will not be unhappy with that weapon. I did find the handle to be just a bit too small. My pinky finger fell off the botom of the handle. I bought the extended magazine, and the XD Gear spacer. It now fits my hand perfectly.

If anyone is concerned about "pass through" when shooting a target, generally, the smaller and faster the bullet or round, the greater the odds of pass through. With a bigger and slower round, the likelyhood of pass through diminishes. NOT ALWAYS, I know. But most times.

I don't think that matters much when you're talking about laminate and styrofoam RV walls. My .40 is my carry weapon. I also keep a Taurus Judge by the bed, loaded with .410 shot shells. Very little aim required, and the projectiles are pretty slow. Not a guarantee, I know. But much less likely to cause problems.
except for those it is intended for:D

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I've just agreed to purchase a gently used Colt MK IV, Model 70 .45 Government Model from a private seller at a really good price. According to the S/N, it was made in 1981. Picked up the Purchase Permit this afternoon and need to connect with him to get it signed and pay him for it. I've always wanted a .45 auto, and now I've got one.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Series 70? Find some semi wad cutters loaded down to 600 fps. Will be fun to shoot.

Peace
Dave

bluebirdsnfur

DH and I just recently applied for our Lifetime License for CC. He has a 9mm somethng or other and I am seriously looking at the S&W 38 Special -Crimson Trace. Has a nice little laser on it. We also are signing up for classes and visiting the shooting ranges.

For the women out there, a wonderful book to read is 'THE CORNERED CAT, A Woman's Guide To Concealed Carry.'..by Kathy Jackson.
I wanted a woman's point of view on guns before making my decision.

Also bought 'Traveler's Guide to the Firearm Laws of the Fifty States'

ElkStalker

Sitting here with my S&W M&P40c on my side. Just bought a M&P45 to go with my 40c and 9. Yes I like the M&P's. My wife that never liked pistols took a CC class aobut a month ago and told me today "we need to go shooting". "Yes we can", that's something I can get behind.

rumaco

US Army Retired (CW4)
A reply that means nothing! How many rounds do you fire a year? That would make it a worthwhile statement. I shoot IPSEC and about 5000 rounds a month and the weapon you speak of would NOT hold up in any sence of the word. Absolutely any gun will hold up with the average 200 rounds a year!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Now that I've gotten my Michigan CPL, I've taken to carrying either my Kel-Tec P11 or my late Dad's D-22 derringer. My Colt MkIV or S&W Model 15 are just a tad too big for regular wear. Nice in the nightstand, though. OK, a 22LR may not be the most intimating round out there, but "in your face" at close range? The thought of taking two shots might just make a non-PCP/Crack/Meth hyped butt-head reconsider picking on this little gray-haired (what's left) old man.

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
A reply that means nothing! How many rounds do you fire a year? That would make it a worthwhile statement. I shoot IPSEC and about 5000 rounds a month and the weapon you speak of would NOT hold up in any sence of the word. Absolutely any gun will hold up with the average 200 rounds a year!

Rumaco... I'm guessing you shoot a 1911 / 45cal. ??? I shoot a Glock 40 cal. and I have had it for 18 years now and never had a jam or malfunction of any kind. But another element to reliability other than number of rounds is proper maintenance. I don't shoot as many rounds as you, but I'm guessing most of us don't.

hart1369

Now that I've gotten my Michigan CPL, I've taken to carrying either my Kel-Tec P11 or my late Dad's D-22 derringer. My Colt MkIV or S&W Model 15 are just a tad too big for regular wear. Nice in the nightstand, though. OK, a 22LR may not be the most intimating round out there, but "in your face" at close range? The thought of taking two shots might just make a non-PCP/Crack/Meth hyped butt-head reconsider picking on this little gray-haired (what's left) old man.
the one in your pocket is allways better than the one at home

rumaco

US Army Retired (CW4)
NO, as a matter of fact my comp pistol is a Sig Sauer P220 (well greased on the slides). Sorry if I ruffled feathers, it's just my Irish nature!