My Saga Continues

jbeletti

The "Director of Owners Interests" just posted a "we miss you" and a "thank you" to a poster in this thread. I guess my initial posts didn't warrant any attention from the "Director of Owners Interests".

I swear I haven't done anything to make them mad at me. Maybe I have b o or something. :confused:

Barney,

I am unable to speak to your issues. But I have flagged this thread up to AJ. This is all I can do pal. And you smell fine from here :)

kkamshop

Barney, sorry about the issues you have had to deal with your Cyclone. I have two thoughts after reading the "saga".

In your correspondence with AJ you did a great job of outlining the issues and your feelings with a nice attitude, but unless I missed it, you were not clear in expressing what you want Heartland to do at this point.

Secondly, Heartland referring you to Dexter directly probably is the most efficient method of getting results - the more people who have to "follow up" on the problem, the more likely someone will drop the ball IMO.

Hope you have a great summer with the racing!

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
Barneyfife,

First I wanted to apologize for the late response I had just had surgery and I was out of commission for a few days. I am sorry that no one contacted you in service after I sent the info to them. I'm not sure where the break in communication was and you didn’t receive a phone call, but I make sure someone calls you immediately. I have already sent an email into the head of service in regards to this. They should have your contact info by looking up your name by the dealer it was purchased from, however if you could send me a private message with the last 6 numbers of your vin and best number to contact you at so I can assure that there is no confusion.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
barneyfife,

first i wanted to apologize for the late response i had just had surgery and i was out of commission for a few days. I am sorry that no one contacted you in service after i sent the info to them. I'm not sure where the break in communication was and you didn’t receive a phone call, but i make sure someone calls you immediately. I have already sent an email into the head of service in regards to this. They should have your contact info by looking up your name by the dealer it was purchased from, however if you could send me a private message with the last 6 numbers of your vin and best number to contact you at so i can assure that there is no confusion.

hooray for heartland, once again!

BarneyFife

Barney, sorry about the issues you have had to deal with your Cyclone. I have two thoughts after reading the "saga".

In your correspondence with AJ you did a great job of outlining the issues and your feelings with a nice attitude, but unless I missed it, you were not clear in expressing what you want Heartland to do at this point.

Secondly, Heartland referring you to Dexter directly probably is the most efficient method of getting results - the more people who have to "follow up" on the problem, the more likely someone will drop the ball IMO.

Hope you have a great summer with the racing!

Good question. My answer? Nothing really?

When I made that post about a month ago, someone was asking whether to buy a Cyclone or a Voltage, I think? Although everyone seemed happy with their Heartland stuff, I just wanted to add my experiences for their consideration. When AJ wanted me to get with him about our troubles, I explained how things went for the past year; both our camper problems and our customer service problems. My biggest complaint has always been the lack of customer service I've received from Heartland since day one. When I PM'd AJ, I wasn't focusing on the camper problems because Dexter, RV Outlet, and I have pretty much resolved the biggest ones. We just live with the minor things now and try to fix them as they pop up.

AJ said he'd get with the service department about my issues and I did talk with Ryan at Heartland today. He seemed like a good guy and of course, I told him how things have gone. But I too wasn't sure what their intent was except to just hear about our past problems.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. No manufacturer of anything can make a perfect product. Things do happen. But if ever a camper could be called a lemon based on initial quality, we're about as close as you can get to calling it that. But even still, if I had spoken with Ryan ten months ago and he said, "Yes, failing brakes on a 15,000 lb. camper is a huge concern and we're going to help you get this problem solved immediately; especially since the camper is only two months old." Then this entire thread would have never even existed.

We can put this one to rest now. Our warranty is gone, I bought a spare water pump to just leave in the camper, and we're going racing this weekend. For all you folks headed out for Memorial Day week, have a great and safe time. Go RVing! :cool:

BarneyFife

I think (and hope) so. Our last trip in early June, the right fender on the slideout started crumbling apart at the screw holes. I had to stop and remove it right there on the side of the interstate because I knew it would fly off before we got home (3 hours away). I called Heartland and they agreed to ship me the fenders if I did the installation. I'm cool with that. They could have said "No" since our initial warranty expired in May.

We haven't been anywhere since then. Its been sitting underneath the barn shelter and nothing's fallen off yet. ;)

Thanks for asking.