Mystery 12 volt switch

Hoser43

Good day- we just got our new to us 2004 Landmark Shenandoah home and am in the process of discovery. In the battery compartment there is a three part bus, a 12 volt mater disconnect switch, and then another small on/off rocker switch which activates what??? Any help would be appreciated. As this was a private deal and the PO only used it 4 times since 2004- he wasn't particularly helpful.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Hoser43, Welcome to the Heartland Forum & Family. I think the switch may be for operating the hydraulic slides from that storage area. That would be the only thing I can think of. Are you sure your rig is an 04? I always thought 2005 was the first year. I'm curious now, care to share your VIN? That would indicate the year.

Hoser43

You're right-it is a 2006. I found the switch for the slides. This switch is a very small rocker on/off switch

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
A separate switch to operate the back-up lights?? That don't sound like DOT compliant. Try flipping the switch on and see what happens. Or, if you can find the wires to it, follow them to whatever it's connected to.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
A separate switch to operate the back-up lights?? That don't sound like DOT compliant. Try flipping the switch on and see what happens. Or, if you can find the wires to it, follow them to whatever it's connected to.

Technically, they aren't backup lights - they are "docking" lights like on the back of the Cyclones. Got discontinued around 2008 or 9.

dave10a

Good day- we just got our new to us 2004 Landmark Shenandoah home and am in the process of discovery. In the battery compartment there is a three part bus, a 12 volt mater disconnect switch, and then another small on/off rocker switch which activates what??? Any help would be appreciated. As this was a private deal and the PO only used it 4 times since 2004- he wasn't particularly helpful.

Since this is a private deal, I would suspect the owner added something that may or may not have been removed. I would remove the panel and try and determine where the wiring is going or not going.

Hoser43

I don't think the PO had anything to do with this switch. It looks like a factory job. I have to crawl into the basement tomorrow as in my investigations I can see daylight around the perimeter and the insulation is pulled back from the edge of the belly cover. I'm thinking spray foam might be in order to both seal and make fast the fiberglass insulation. I'll scope out the electrical while I'm in there.

Jimmy

It may be the compartment light... try turning it on a night time. Of course if you got my luck, the bulb will be blown.... Good luck.