Mystery Valves

Zedd

Hi All still exploring my new to me 3795 and came across two valves I don't know what they do. I looked in the Owners manual section and a variety of post and haven been able to find an answer so I took a picture and thought I would let the expert answer what is probably an easy question! In the attached picture they are the two valves below the pump switch one is pointed down the other is pointed to the left. I am wondering what they are for and should they be in this position for normal use?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20140511_155254.jpg
    20140511_155254.jpg
    317.7 KB · Views: 176

Garypowell

Just a guess but could they be hot water bypass valves. I mean one open for normal flow and when you close it and open the other the hot water heater is bypassed.

You could:

1. Drop the basement wall and trace the lines.
2 Or switch their positions and see if you lose your hot water. This would not take but a minute to figure out.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Just a guess here, it looks like the previous owner added his own plumbing.
Heartland uses red and blue PEX.
I think that Gary is correct in that it is probably a water heater bypass system.

Peace
Dave

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Those valves are used if you want to use your water pump to help drain your fresh water tank . There should have been a sticker there showing normal position and draining position.......Kenny

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
My Bighorn has the same setup. Right now, the trailer is at a dealers lot so I can't get a picture of the label but I've only ever used the valve on the right. When using the on board pump if you turn the right valve 90 degrees counterclockwise, it will open a port to a tube hanging out below the docking center. The same thing happens when connected to city water. I attached a fitting to that drain tube and can use it to attach a garden hose to wash anything outside.