Nashville area

NYSUPstater

Possibly looking at going here next year and would like to perhaps take in the NASCAR race in KY at same time. That being said:

1. Areas to look at to stay for the race?
2. Was in Nashville back in '06 area, but DW wants to go some other areas if possible. Daughter wants to go back to Nashville. 1 week and say an extra day to play with. So where else to go/see? Memphis?

Thinking now that we'd leave home on Fri before race (Sat night race). Get to track area, stay couple nights, then to Nashville. After that.............

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Sorry but not familiar with the KY Speedway camping but a couple of campgrounds in the Nashville area on Music Valley Rd are good but can be expensive. They are Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park, Two Rivers Campground and Nashville KOA. All three of these campgrounds have a bus that runs all day to and from downtown Nashville. There is also another KOA campground north of Nashville off of I-65 but we haven't stayed there.
Memphis doesn't have many campgrounds other than Graceland which I wouldn't recommend. Arkansas has a campground right across the MIssissippi River called Tom Sawyer RV park but we like to stay at MS at EZ Daze RV Park in Southaven MS.
HOpe this helps.

Kbvols

Follow the River rv park. Florence , IN is within a few miles of speedway. Nice park.

Nashville KOA on music valley drive is awesome. Pool is great! Shuttle bus to downtown is $10 per person round trip can't beat it.
Going there in September!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NYSUPstater

Thanks so far for the replies. Keep 'em coming. We stayed at the Jellystone Park (they have high water psi so a pressure reducer/regulator IS recommended). Took the Gey line tour of country stars homes, drove to music hall of fame, took in a show at the Opry (well DD and I did) as well as at the Starlight Theatre (Shot Gun Red--got a SGR doll and autographed by "owner"). Didn't tour downtown at all. Oops, forgot to say, toured Opryland Hotel as well--AWESOME!!

As for the KY race track, I could have sworn it's right off the interstate (75?) as we were coming from OH (SOB rally then).

Last edited by a moderator:

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Yep off I71. Saw it as we drove by last spring. We stayed here for overnight returning home. Fairly close by the track. Rate it as just average

www.oakcreekcampground.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

Possibly looking at going here next year and would like to perhaps take in the NASCAR race in KY at same time. That being said:

2. Was in Nashville back in '06 area, but DW wants to go some other areas if possible. Daughter wants to go back to Nashville. 1 week and say an extra day to play with. So where else to go/see? Memphis?

Thinking now that we'd leave home on Fri before race (Sat night race). Get to track area, stay couple nights, then to Nashville. After that.............
Go to the army corps park. Percy preist.
If you have your parks pass you get in half price.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

AnnaIvanZ

We stayed at Follow The River resort last August and went to The Ark Encounter and The Creation Museum. The Ark Encounter is a must-see. In fact, we're going back again next month when we go down for the Kentucky race. We'll stay at Follow The River again. Very nice RV park plus only about 10 miles to the track. There are quite a few wineries in the Florence, Indiana area if wine tasting is your thing. There is also a moonshine distillery, Neeley Family Distillers, that you can tour and have samples. It's only about a mile from the track when you turn onto Speedway Boulevard. There is a cost for that. We bought some last year and the Hubby said we might have to replenish our supply.

Mark-Roberta 051995

We live locally to the track (1 hour away) and have been plenty of times. If your looking for full hookup at the track be prepared to shell out $600. If you want to dry camp while visiting it is $250. I have never stayed anywhere else so I cannot speak of the other campgrounds in the area.

There is a person on Craigslist that has an electric site (Millionaires Row) for sale right now for a reduced price. It is on the road across from the front entrance.

Good luck and have fun

Santanilson

Illinois Chapter Leaders-Retired
Well, we cannot speak about the track in KY but stumbled upon a beautiful campground. It is Seven Points COE Campground and it is very nice. It has water and electric sites with fire pits and picnic tables and they are fairly large. It is located just East of Nashville South of Hwy 40 and you won’t be disappointed and book early fills fast!

carl.swoyer

Well, we cannot speak about the track in KY but stumbled upon a beautiful campground. It is Seven Points COE Campground and it is very nice. It has water and electric sites with fire pits and picnic tables and they are fairly large. It is located just East of Nashville South of Hwy 40 and you won’t be disappointed and book early fills fast!
I think Seven Points is a army corps park? And if it is use your Parks pass you pay half price.

Last edited:

ATLJOHN

We stayed at Seven Points COE campground. Very nice park and very close to downtown Nashville.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

I just realized I didn't mention Percy preist , it's also a army corps park.