need 12volt coverted to ac

cableman

I want to put a fan in the 5ver when we park so the cat can have some air. Can I wire a outlet from 12volt to ac to plug in a fan.

GOTTOYS

The only way that can be done is with an inverter that will convert 12 volts to 110. They are available in many sizes. Downfall is they do consume some battery power them selves just to operate. You should be able to shop and find a 12 volt fan that would be more economical to operate...Don

jnbhobe

Dan; I think you would be better off to go to a truck stop and look around for a 12V fan you can plug into a cig. lighter. See you next week, Jon

cableman

Thanks guys, probably just get a cig lighter and wire it in to the inverter. See you next week jon. We will stop over all weekend and then travel to goshen with everybody else. Not going to camp at bear run. Only live ten miles away and will leave room for everybody else. gonna be a little tight there.

jnbhobe

Dan; you should have a empty spot on your converter fuse box to wire into. I know what you mean about tight at Bear Run I have been there before. We will come in on thursday PM. We'll see you then.

Jon

Dan;
You should have a 12volt outlet somewhere in your rig. I do in our Bighorn, right above the desk.
I would check it out before wiring one to the inverter.

GOTTOYS

Thanks guys, probably just get a cig lighter and wire it in to the inverter. See you next week jon. We will stop over all weekend and then travel to goshen with everybody else. Not going to camp at bear run. Only live ten miles away and will leave room for everybody else. gonna be a little tight there.
Unless you installed one already your trailer has a converter not an inverter. The converter runs on 120 volts and changes it to 12 volts, the inverter does the opposite. Instead of running wire all the way to the converter for a 12 volt source, just tap into one of the many 12 volt lights in the trailer. I would put an inline fuse in the cabinet above the light you choose and feed the 12 volt plug from there. JMHO..Don