Need a place in northeast Penn.

ericandalice

Senior Question Asker
We're heading to New Hampshire, leaving West Virginia. We'd like to do 250 miles or less from here but are looking for a nice place to stay for two nights. Suggestions? :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Well, not knowing were in W. Virginia your starting from that limits us if you want to go 250mi and stay two nights in Northeastern Penn. If you started in Elkins WV and went to Allentown PA which is not in Northeastern PA you are looking at about 332 miles..

How about giving us where you are starting from, where you want to end up and how far you want to travel each day or how many days you have to travel to your destination.

We only travel 150 - 250 miles and normally on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

Let us know and I will tell you where I would go.. BTW We really dislike interstates unless necessary.

BC

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Well that helps a little. There is no Hagerstown WV but there is a Hagerstown MD. So now all I know is you want to go somewere in New Hampshire.

This is like asking where do you want to go? Somewhere in Texas!! You are going to have to be more precise to get where your going... Do you know??

I'm having fun with you... So lets say you are in Hagerstown MD and want to go to Portsmouth NH. That would be about 508 mile trip.

The route will take you by Allentown PA which has a KOA in New Tripoli PA that we are going to be staying at in July. It has good reviews. A mediocre review of one called Pine Hill RV Park in Kutztown PA.

That will take you about 150 miles. If your there in mid July.. Let us know and I will make you a map to New Hampshire...

Have fun.
BC

tcfake613

PS: This place is very convenient to I81. They have really nice 50amp pull thrus. A lot of travelers use these sites since it so close to the interstate. If you will be there on a weekend call and reserve. If during the week, should be no problem just pulling in.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Not to sound terrible, but did you look at the rate schedule on this campground? To me this is why I don't stay at many KOA's. It sound like a nice place but if your there on Monday thru Wednesday it's one price on Thursday thru Sunday it is another price. If it is near the stream it's another price, if it's backin it's another price... That's where the company gets it's name Keep On Adding.

Sorry about the rant.

BC

ericandalice

Senior Question Asker
We ended up staying at the Four Seasons Campground in Scotrun, Pa. Would not recommend it to anyone over 25' in length and then, only for overnight. At $46 a night I expect a nicer place and a lot less freeway noise. Should you camp there, hang a left at the do not enter sign. The one partially covered by a bush. *go figure*