need feedback on 6 pt leveling systems (good, bad and the ugly)

I had one of the first 6 point systems on our 08 Bighorn and never had a problem.
I did have to recalulate one time in order to level the system.
We just traded for a new Big Country with the 6 point system. Wouldn't be without it.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We love our leveling system. I re-calibrated it once right after we got it. Working great since.

earlh20659

I'm having difficulty getting both front hydraulic jacks to come down or up at the same time when using the front retract/extend button on my 2016 cyclone 3110, which has the auto level system. this makes it difficult to hook/unhook. One jack goes down then the other and vice versa. Is the front control button supposed to function that way?
I would think that the front extend/retract button would move both at the same time for hooking up. Am i missing something.

Thanks

Earl

danemayer

I'm having difficulty getting both front hydraulic jacks to come down or up at the same time when using the front retract/extend button on my 2016 cyclone 3110, which has the auto level system. this makes it difficult to hook/unhook. One jack goes down then the other and vice versa. Is the front control button supposed to function that way?
I would think that the front extend/retract button would move both at the same time for hooking up. Am i missing something.

Thanks

Earl

The pump sends hydraulic fluid to both jacks at the same time, so the side with least resistance extends first (the other may extend more slowly). When the first jack encounters resistance as it touches the ground, the other jack will start moving (or move faster). Once both are on the ground the coach will begin to rise.

jam20ster

When I did my PDI on my Cyclone it was explained to me that one jack does down and once it hits 100 psi of resistance pressure the other deploys. Seems to be designed this way.

teasac69

The pump sends hydraulic fluid to both jacks at the same time, so the side with least resistance extends first (the other may extend more slowly). When the first jack encounters resistance as it touches the ground, the other jack will start moving (or move faster). Once both are on the ground the coach will begin to rise.

Dan already answered you correctly and just wanting to echo what he says. The hydraulic fluid is being sent to the jacks needing it most until it is equalized and then they will lift evenly. You can use the "extend" button the front wall or your remote and the action is the same. You will see the same action when in "Auto Level" as the jacks are deployed and until they are all on the ground. then as the pressure is directed to one or the other to do the leveling, the lifting is done as needed.

I had two requisites to buying my coach that it have a king size bed and auto leveling. without either one, NO deal was good enough. The 6 pt leveling system is a marvel of engineering and has worked flawlessly with one minor exception...... when the site was so uneven the nose could not be lowered enough once the jacks bottom out, it will not auto level. That's actually working correctly because unless it can achieve the perfect level, it will default and shut down.

I heard of others having trouble with these in cold weather but I would guess you could find a fluid that has a viscosity for cold weather OR heat the reservoir with a blanket that would help that. Of course what is in the legs will be cold but surely there is a solution to that problem but all others are isolated and should not reflect on the total reliability of this system. I'll never have another coach without it.

porthole

Retired
When I did my PDI on my Cyclone it was explained to me that one jack does down and once it hits 100 psi of resistance pressure the other deploys. Seems to be designed this way.

Not surprisingly, you were given incorrect information.
Dan's description above is accurate.

- - - Updated - - -

this makes it difficult to hook/unhook.

Ever try single motor electric landing gear with non adjustable feet?