Need Help finding Converter

Occo

Hello All,

I am a new member and proud new owner of a 2009 Bighorn 3400RL. It has been very interesting learning all about the coach and where everything is. I cannot find the 'converter'. Does anyone know where it is located?? Thanks in advance. Bill

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Occo

Hello Occo and welcome to the forum. You will find your converter behind the wall in the basement. You may have to take out both panels. Only because the off door side attaches to the door side panel. There are a couple of screws in the UDC that hold the door side in.
Depending on what you want to do with the converter, you might be able to remove the breaker panel. It is behind that.

Peace
Dave

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired

Most of the Units have the converter behind the panel in the storage area. Behind the UDC also. I am not familiar with your model but it might be there.

jnbhobe

Hello All,

I am a new member and proud new owner of a 2009 Bighorn 3400RL. It has been very interesting learning all about the coach and where everything is. I cannot find the 'converter'. Does anyone know where it is located?? Thanks in advance. Bill

Its behind the wall in the basement, but Cookie has probably beat me to it LOL he types faster.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

Once you find it, you might want to relocate it to a more accessible spot behind the wall. And one that isn't directly under plumbing connections. It has three fuses that may need replacing at some future date, and a cooling fan that should not be restricted by sticking it against a wall in a pile of wood dust.

In the first photo, you can just see it (a 3670) hidden under the piles of wires in the rear. The black box is a surge suppressor. I've moved both to a safer, more accessible location on the stair frame and cut an access panel into the basement wall to get at them. There's a similar panel on the wall behind the UDC, as well.

View attachment 16157View attachment 16158View attachment 16159

Occo

Thank you all for the help. I can see this is going to be a great experience. We have been motorhomers for years and are just starting to enjoy fifthwheeling. Bill