Need manufacturer's name for North Country 30 FKS bathroom air vent

maldam

Last summer, while we were away, the hot sun in Arizona cracked up (into pieces !) the adjustable lid of the bathroom power vent. The vent is about 13" X 13".

I either need a new lid or a new vent. Can anyone point me to a source please ?

jbeletti

Last summer, while we were away, the hot sun in Arizona cracked up (into pieces !) the adjustable lid of the bathroom power vent. The vent is about 13" X 13".

I either need a new lid or a new vent. Can anyone point me to a source please ?

Could be a couple different companies. I suggest you make a quick call in the morning to Heartland Customer Service with your VIN and they should be able to assist you. The number is 877-262-8032.

Please circle back here with the info you find so you in turn may hep the next guy. Thanks.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Take to cover off (whats left of it), take it with you to any RV parts store so you can match it to what you have.

TxCowboy

Take to cover off (whats left of it), take it with you to any RV parts store so you can match it to what you have.

Yep, that's what we did. Most are pretty standard 14x14 but it's the hinge that makes the difference. Runs about $15 in most RV parts dealers.

GregP

If there is an option to buy a UV (Ultraviolet) resistant cover, it would be a worthwhile investment as it is the UV that breaks down plastics and makes them brittle and subject to breaking. Living up in Canada, UV may not be as much of an issue as it is in Arizona. Wish I was there now!

maldam

I'll look out for one, but I doubt it. Paint it maybe with anti UV stuff or glue a UV panel on it ?

- - - Updated - - -

A pain. Means I have to climb onto roof at least twice. And it's in a thousand pieces !

- - - Updated - - -

Good response. Thank you. Will do on Moday.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Take the inside screen and handle off be for you climb on the roof. Some times you can remove it from inside depending on the hinge style.

maldam

Could be a couple different companies. I suggest you make a quick call in the morning to Heartland Customer Service with your VIN and they should be able to assist you. The number is 877-262-8032.

Please circle back here with the info you find so you in turn may hep the next guy. Thanks.

OK. I phoned Heartland and gave them the VIN number. Very helpful. Told me it was a Henge's Industries vent, model 7112-C. Then I phoned up Henges (via Google). Nice lady told me the lid was part number 90110-C1. She suggested I call a local dealer. I did so. They could get parts from Henges. This lady suggested I take off the current lid and bring it in and she would match it.

PROBLEM: HOW TO TAKE OFF THE METAL BAR THAT RAISES AND LOWERS THE FLAP. The hinge seems siimple enough, I just untwisted the end piece and it will slilde out. HOWEVER, THE BAR TO WHICH THE PLASTIC LID IS ATTACHED IS a different matter. The bar is attached to a short strip which has a semi-gear which forms part of the twist handle inside the bathroom. The short strip is attached to the bar via a groove which has a large hole at the end, which is obviously used to put the strip and bar together. Unfortunately, you can't unwind the twist handle enough for the strip end to get to this large hole in the bar.

The other end of the short strap is attached to a strong metal U channel that goes across the opening. The gear end of the strap is attached to the channel by a clevis pin. If I could take the clevis pin out, all would be OK ! Do I drill or push it out ? Any suggestions ?! Thanks.

Kathi-27

they make rain vent covers that go over the top of vent so you can still open and close vent but stops rain from coming in.get the smoked one had that on my race trailer for over 10 years and never fell apart and lid on vent still was like new real easy to install