Need pics of an ONAN 5500 generator instaledl in Torque 345 ...

G-Man

Need pics of an ONAN 5500 generator instaledl in Torque 345/325 ...

Can someone please post up a couple pics of their ONAN 5500 generator installed in their Torque 345? Would like to see a pic of it with the bay door opened from the front and one shot from underneath.

I'm trying to confirm whether there is supposed to be a mount pedestal that bolts inside the box where the generator mounts that lifts the bottom of the generator up above the bottom lip of the opening. My 2019 Torque 345 had the trailer prep package but does not have this pedastal.

I looked at a 2016 Torque 396 with an ONAN 5500 in it and it has this pedastal and the owner confirms that it was there as part of the trailer prep package and he installed his generator himself.

If you don't want to post pics if you could just confirm that the bottom of your ONAN 5500 sits above the door opening that would be a great start. Please confirm the year model of your Torque 345 as well.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Gahbeck

G-man,

I can post of picture of my 5500 just recently installed in my Bighorn 3970. Perhaps the compartments are identical?

Gary

esscobra

all the units ive seen with gen prep have the riser installed - mine included- I installed a 7k efi unit in my bighorn- also in onan specs it needs the height from ground for proper airflow and to help separate the intake from pulling in hot exhaust

Cabindoc

Re: Need pics of an ONAN 5500 generator instaledl in Torque 345/325 ...

Does this help
b8393a975d6d23bccd442921177c85aa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Modmom0j

We have a torque 325 and have the same problem. We were told that you have to take the screws out of the box and lift it up even with the lip in order to get the 5509 in the opening. This is a terrible design and we would like to know if anyone has a better way of doing it. Ours didn’t come with a rider and dealer we bought it from never mentioned it. The technician is the one telling us to take the box loose in order to get genset thru opening. What about taking generator out for service or to get valve lash adjusted. Terrible process to go thru.