Need tall shower, which units?

Hello everyone,

I am currently looking to move into a FW camper full-time for traveling required by my job. I'm not that concerned about floor plans at all nor whether it is a toy hauler (as i can use it as a porch/patio) or regular FW. My biggest concern is that I will be able to take a shower standing up comfortably. Which units are offered with maybe an 8' shower height whether it be with a sunken tub or not. I would prefer the tub for extra room but not a must have. Price is not a real issue as I am looking at this as an alternative to purchasing a house so I would most likely get the top trip level of the most luxurious unit fitting my criteria. Just hard to tell by looking on the website so i need a little help! :)

Any time and answers are greatly appreciated.

Dustin Lambert

jimtoo

Hi Rimrocker44, Dustin,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I have never seen any 5th wheel of any manufacture that has an 8' shower height. We have a friend with a $200K trailer who is 6" 8" and they would not modify for him, but he gets by. He has just been in his for over a year and a half full time, owned it for about 5 years.

I would suggest you visit a dealer and check into the Landmark by Heartland. Most of the units have a skylight in the shower area and it does give a little more clearance. Now on second thoughts,,, you might check in person the Bighorn 3755FL or the 3855FL, they both have the rear bedroom and the bath is on the main floor level, so it might have a lot more head room. The specs do not list the heights is the reason I say check in person. Maybe one of our members with one of those units will jump in and help with size soon.

Jim M

alex00

I'm 6'4" and can stand very comfortably in the sunken tub on the cyclone. I don't remember exactly but the ceiling was at least half a foot above my head. I know what you mean about the shower. It's a deal breaker for me. Too many of the other brands only have 6' showers and expect taller people to stick their head in the skylight.

When I was first looking at Cyclones I called the factory and the rep actually measured the ceiling height to the floor of the shower. I want to say it was in the 7'+ range.

Sent by smoke signals using Tapatalk for campfires 4