Nev-r-Adjust brakes locked up

hboy1

I'm in a little pickle... While checking bearings today I had one hub that seems to be stuck due to the drum brakes locked up. Can anyone suggest how to free up the brake? (keep readin)

I pulled the tire off. Spun the hub which turned normally. After removing the lock nut and trying to pull the hub off, the hub would not come out more than maybe a half inch. So I thought I would tap in along with a small sledge. Then I noticed it was the drum brakes that are pressed against the hub.

None of the other 3 brakes are locked up. Just this one. Now the hub wont turn and it's stuck about 1/3 of the way out...

I plugged my 7 pin into the truck and operated the brakes to see if it would free up that one hub. No luck. I thought to try to put the tire back on and pull forward/backard to see if it would free up, but I would have to sledge the hub back in place and I'm not sure if there is an easier way.

Any advice?

hboy1

Get a brake tool or a screw driver and back off the adjuster.

Done! Thanks. I was a little worried about messing with that adjustment. Hubs off. I'm back to work. Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Abear79

52100b52b98cbb58c93a29a107954b4a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk