New 16" Alloy Wheels used by Heartland

aquiring signal

Our 2011 Bighorn 3585RL came from Heartland last week with these wheels. I'm not crazy about them.
wheel.jpg
EDIT (now known to be these: )
http://www.sendelwheel.com/Product_Detail.asp?ID=143

The 2011 3585RL we saw at an RV show a month or so ago (when we placed our order) had these wheels. These are the same as my 2008 3670RL & what I was expecting to be on our new trailer. I like these fine.
old wheels.jpg
EDIT (now known to be these: )
http://www.sendelwheel.com/Product_Detail.asp?ID=109

Has enyone ever seen these on a Heartland trailer? I like these also.
newer wheels.jpg

Does anyone else have these new wheel or know anything about why they changed? Or who manufactures them? If the newer ones are stronger or rated higher, I might be okay with them, but if they are the same, I think I like the old ones better. Any info would be appreciated.

Last edited:

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Those new ones are pretty racy! Can't say much for the tires though. What happened to them?

jnbhobe

They sure look a lot harder to keep clean, other than that look on the inside of the wheel and you should see the weight capacity forged in the wheel.

Looks like salt Gus !!

aquiring signal

Those new ones are pretty racy! Can't say much for the tires though. What happened to them?

Feel free to ignore the tires. They are Goodyear G614s and I have no issues with them. They are dirty from the Indiana to Kansas trip, but I'm sure they'll clean up. No worries there. :cool:

The wheels look racy alright. Not what I was expecting at all.:(

aquiring signal

They look like they were meant for a Cyclone or a Road Warrior...not a Bighorn??

I think you're right. I've seen a lot of Bighorns but NEVER with wheels like this. Like I said, if they're stronger, I can maybe live with them. But if not, I don't think they look right on a Bighorn. I did order the Goodyear tires, but nobody said ANYTHING about different wheels. Could the factory have made a mistake? Could something like that make it through inspection? Might someone have checked the wrong box and put toy hauler wheels on my Bighorn?

rustyshakelford

were picking up our new cyclone on monday. we upgraded the tires to G rated ones too. I was told that we would be getting the big horn wheels to accomadate the higher psi for the tires.

I hope we do not get those wheels! they look similar to the ones used on the road warrior. if i do get them, i guess they will have to grow on me.

brett

aquiring signal

were picking up our new cyclone on monday. we upgraded the tires to G rated ones too. I was told that we would be getting the big horn wheels to accomadate the higher psi for the tires.

I hope we do not get those wheels! they look similar to the ones used on the road warrior. if i do get them, i guess they will have to grow on me.

brett

The tires that came on these wheels are Goodyear G614s, G load range, 110psi. I need to find out if these wheels were put on 1) by mistake or 2) because they were out of the correct wheels or 3) this is a change for all future 3585s

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Those be some ugly wheels. Somehow, racy doesn't go with BigHorn. But since you took delivery of it with them on the rig, you may be stuck with them. Still, I'd call HL and see what they might do.

aquiring signal

Those be some ugly wheels. Somehow, racy doesn't go with BigHorn. But since you took delivery of it with them on the rig, you may be stuck with them. Still, I'd call HL and see what they might do.

I have not yet taken delivery. We are scheduled to do so on Tuesday. I will have an explanation by then. If these are the correct & planned future wheels for 3585s, I may accept them. If it is a mistake, I might propose that they put the correct wheels on the next trailer coming this way & let the dealer swap them. Or something along those lines.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I have not yet taken delivery yet. We are scheduled to do so on Tuesday. I will have an explanation by then. If these are the correct & planned future wheels for 3585s, I may accept them. If it is a mistake, I might propose that they put the correct wheels on the next trailer coming this way & let the dealer swap them. Or something along those lines.

Ah, even better. It does give you a bit of leverage if HL says they goofed and put the wrong wheels on. Did you contact HL about them?

aquiring signal

Ah, even better. It does give you a bit of leverage if HL says they goofed and put the wrong wheels on. Did you contact HL about them?

Not yet. Today is the first time I laid eyes on the trailer & these wheels and as I understand, Heartland is closed on weekends. I thought I should start with my dealer. I will talk to the dealer first thing Monday morning & if necessary, I will follow up with Heartland next. I think that's the correct chain of command/sequence. In the mean time, the more I can learn about these wheels, the better. If nobody else has seen them on a Bighorn, I think we are leaning towards an error.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Or who manufactures them? If the newer ones are stronger or rated higher, I might be okay with them, but if they are the same, I think I like the old ones better. Any info would be appreciated.

I am not sure this is the manufacturer but I bought some Sendel's for my previous SOB and the ones on our new Big Country are the same.

Sendel Trailer Wheels

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Our 2011 Bighorn 3585RL came from Heartland last week with these wheels. I'm not crazy about them.
View attachment 12112

The 2011 3585RL we saw at an RV show a month or so ago (when we placed our order) had these wheels. These are the same as my 2008 3670RL & what I was expecting to be on our new trailer. I like these fine.
View attachment 12111

Has enyone ever seen these on a Heartland trailer? I like these also.
View attachment 12110

Does anyone else have these new wheel or know anything about why they changed? Or who manufactures them? If the newer ones are stronger or rated higher, I might be okay with them, but if they are the same, I think I like the old ones better. Any info would be appreciated.

I have wheel number 2 on my Bighorn, which I just took delivery of 1 month ago. FYI, it also came standard with G-rated tires.

aquiring signal

I am not sure this is the manufacturer but I bought some Sendel's for my previous SOB and the ones on our new Big Country are the same.

Sendel Trailer Wheels

SJH,
Thanks, you nailed it. They appear to be Sendel T07, and rated for 110psi & 3750 lbs. The Goodyear tires are also rated for 3750 lbs.

http://www.sendelwheel.com/Product_Detail.asp?ID=143

So these wheels appear to be adequate. Now to find out if they are the new Bighorn wheel or if there is some other explanation.

57chevyconvt

I know you will, but as a reminder, make sure that the Goodyear G614 tires make it onto the new wheels, i.e, if new wheels are offered. My 2010 BH came with wheels like picture no. 2. I like this design of wheel because I believe that it will help to keep the tire cooler on hot summer days when asphalt temperture can be as high is 120+ deg. I would recommend that you have the G614 tires balanced. After 4500 miles I had a set of new G614's installed on my trailer and had the tires balanced. The tires and wheel did require some nominal amout of balance weights. The 16" G614 tires weigh about 56 pounds per tire were as the standard tire that comes on a BH weigh about 35 pounds per tire. You definately made the right choice to upgrade to the GY G614 tires.

aquiring signal

I know you will, but as a reminder, make sure that the Goodyear G614 tires make it onto the new wheels, i.e, if new wheels are offered. My 2010 BH came with wheels like picture no. 2. I like this design of wheel because I believe that it will help to keep the tire cooler on hot summer days when asphalt temperture can be as high is 120+ deg. I would recommend that you have the G614 tires balanced. After 4500 miles I had a set of new G614's installed on my trailer and had the tires balanced. The tires and wheel did require some nominal amout of balance weights. The 16" G614 tires weigh about 56 pounds per tire were as the standard tire that comes on a BH weigh about 35 pounds per tire. You definately made the right choice to upgrade to the GY G614 tires.

I learned the hard way about the Goodyear tires. Our 2008 Bighorn 3670RL came with a Chinese brand tire that developed blisters on the sidewalls after our first trip. Luckily we discovered this before we had a blowout. I ended up replacing them with the GY G614s and haven't looked back. The balancing sounds like good advice, thanks

6.7powerstroke

I LOVE those wheels. They were supposed to come on my Road Warrior but I got some BS excuse that they were on backorder or something. So much for that excuse from my dealer. It is an issue that still hasn't been resolved as my trailer has arrived yet. I am hoping that maybe they will be on my Road Warrior but we shall see. The third set looks just like the ones on my Cougar. Maybe we could figure out a trade! LOL. My Cougar wheels for your Bighorn, your BigHorn wheels for my Road Warrior, and my Road Warrior wheels for the Cougar I traded in. Man, how many jacks would that take to change all of those? HAHA

porthole

Retired
The 3rd set of wheels are 80 PSI, the first two should be 110. Without looking at the back of the rim, the down and dirty way to tell is the number of spokes. Almost all 110 psi rims are 8 and all 80 psi are 5 spokes.

I would not think that being told rims are not avaialbe is a BS excuse. Just a supply issue. HL is not the only RV using aluminum rims.
I like the new set shown, maybe not on a Bighorn, but the replacements on my Cyclone look similar - I didn't have the option of ordering Goodyears when it was ordered.