New 2017 super duty numbers....DROOL!!

IronJ

There is a guy in our razr club wirh a cyclone on kelderman bags....so I guess that would be the only one I could even remotely say had the possibility to say it's low...lol!!

My 15 dually was lower stock than my 12 srw was...

My truck now is in fact TALLER than a new 2017 drw...we didn't measure but it was obvious parked side by side...

What is your open tailgate to ground clearance now??

I'll measure mine and I'll ask him to measure the 17..

Then we can figure just how screwed the low trailer crowd will be...

Theses are both platinum 4x4 duallys...so numbers may vary by cab and axle configuration

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

IronJ

Update....

He says the new one is 36" to edge of down tailgate as it sits in his shop..

Mine as it sits now (wirh the b &w hitch in and 0psi bag air ) is 39.75 inches from ground to open tailgate edge

I'm still on my stocker tow tires tho not the giant muds and 22's

I would bet a case of cold beer and a t bone that a 350 srw platinum would be at least 2-3 inches higher tho!!

And of course if you go 2wd it shaves a couple inches easy also

avvidclif

Update....

He says the new one is 36" to edge of down tailgate as it sits in his shop..

Mine as it sits now (wirh the b &w hitch in and 0psi bag air ) is 39.75 inches from ground to open tailgate edge

I'm still on my stocker tow tires tho not the giant muds and 22's

I would bet a case of cold beer and a t bone that a 350 srw platinum would be at least 2-3 inches higher tho!!

And of course if you go 2wd it shaves a couple inches easy also

Yep and add 21" for bed depth and you are at 60.75" which is what I figured the 2017 to be. Tell him to close the tailgate and measure the height gnd to top of tailgate. The SRw's were the same height, the Platinum next to it I didn't pay any attention to.

IronJ

Ok...I'll tell him to check the srw too...they have both but the srw isn't a platinum...just an fx4..it looked tall on the stock tires...

I'm having all the egr/dpf/def junk gutted on mine this weekend ...I'll try and get some pics of their build!!

IronJ

Update...mine is 59" to closed tailgate...he says the new one is 57.5???..

Also the srw 350 is 38.5 to open tailgate and 59 to closed...
(But it had just come off 4 post lift and may not be fully settled)..that's a HUGE truck...you could not lift that at all and have a level trailer

I'm gonna have to go see it because he says the tailgate is 22" tall and mine is 23"...???

I thought new ones were deeper?or does the box sit diff on the frame?? (Headscratch)

Either way I still think a 5th like ours would be ok..so long as you didn't put taller tires.....

IronJ

With the tailgate closed that is the top of the box no??..

My truck as well as the stock ones have a rake to them..so the top of tailgate is tallest point...

Bones

If Ford would add an automatically leveled rig that would put it out of the ball park

Come on lottery

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

That's for sure... I would have paid another $5K for a Ford factory 4-link Air-ride suspension for sure. I think Dodge has it for about $2500 that's awesome BUT it's on a Dodge LOL. :)

SNOKING

That's for sure... I would have paid another $5K for a Ford factory 4-link Air-ride suspension for sure. I think Dodge has it for about $2500 that's awesome BUT it's on a Dodge LOL. :)

Strange, there are no longer any Dodge pickups being built! If you have not test driven a new RAM truck, you own it to yourself to test ALL three.

SNOKING

RAM is it own division and is parallel to Dodge not part of it. Changed several years ago. Chris