New 2017 super duty numbers....DROOL!!

porthole

Retired
Semi-local dealer to me has one (F-450), but I had a bad experience when i bought the 2011, so I have been putting it off going over for a test ride.

But, I confirmed they had it and made my way over there to drive it. Took a 1/2 hour to figure out it was not at this location, and another 20 minutes to figure which of the 2 North Jersey locations it was at. Then I got the offer of 'if I want to put a deposit down, they would bring it down for me to drive'.

Bunch of tools.......

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Well, like an idiot I went and drove one today. I got it baaaad now. Real bad. :rolleyes:
You shouldn't have done that.
I have 7500 miles already. Nothing but big smile from ear to ear for me. I love this truck !!!!!
I love driving it for my every day driver. The adaptive steering works awesome for getting around town. It turns sharp and easy. It's comfortable, quiet, powerful, and fun to drive.
Oh and a gorgeous truck 😎
I'm definitely rolling in style !!!!
I don't even like driving my Jeep anymore. I think I'm going to sell it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Sniper

You shouldn't have done that.
I have 7500 miles already. Nothing but big smile from ear to ear for me. I love this truck !!!!!
I love driving it for my every day driver. The adaptive steering works awesome for getting around town. It turns sharp and easy. It's comfortable, quiet, powerful, and fun to drive.
Oh and a gorgeous truck ��
I'm definitely rolling in style !!!!
I don't even like driving my Jeep anymore. I think I'm going to sell it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
It wasn't the Platinum it was a Lariat so it didn't have every bell and whistle but it had more than enough. I simple could not believe I was in a 1ton diesel. It rode so well and that motor is amazing! I got it bad fella's!

SNOKING

It appears that all three of the towing machines are pretty evenly matched.

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=sOHgKKx6rq4

Uphill towing 22,800# trailer, a load picked to match GM's lower rating.

1. Chevy Duramax 3.73 axle ratio (445hp/910tq) 10 min 16 sec
2. Ram Cummins 4.10 axle ratio (385hp/900tq) 10 min 28 sec
3. Ford Powerstroke 4.10 axle ratio (440hp/925tq) 10 min 31 sec

Pick the one the DW likes.

Chris

Sniper

Steve sounds like a requisition request to the Commander is in order.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Actually Keith I may be in pretty good shape. She was telling me: "No. It has to have this interior. No. It has to be this color. No. I want heated seats, etc, etc" So I may be in there. LOL:cool:

LBR

Chris
Wow...very impressive with the Duramax and its gearing vs. the other 2.

Kbvols

Actually Keith I may be in pretty good shape. She was telling me: "No. It has to have this interior. No. It has to be this color. No. I want heated seats, etc, etc" So I may be in there. LOL:cool:
Awesome! You all can attend the KY rally in late April and show it off to us!

SNOKING

One has to look at a lot of things in gear ratio comparisons. Tire diameter and transmission gear ratios are also in play, along with a given hill and weight towed. I would like to see all three with 18K out back tested(closer to real world) and the Ford and RAM with 30K out back.

Bones

Sniper,
I've heard good things about the ford. I have two guys at work that just bought ford and they love them. I'm still banned. I don't need another truck though. However the torque limiting software drives me nutz in the Ram.

porthole

Retired

Chris

I watched this yesterday, didn't bother to post it since the test is not at or even close to max towing.
The test was watered down so the GM could compete.
Tow load was at 22,800 so the GM could tow it with it's max tow rating of 23K.
The Ram and Ford were rated at 30K+

I was surprised at the Ram comments of the ride being a little rough. The Ram in the test has the air leveling.

All in all, at total of 17 seconds difference between the slowest to fastest, I would say they are equal pulling 22,8000 pounds.
The timing is somewhat subjective and could be swayed a few seconds either way at both ends of the run.

aRAYwego

I was surprised at the Ram comments of the ride being a little rough. The Ram in the test has the air leveling.

I had a 2013 Ram DRW with leaf susp and moved to the 2016 Ram with air leveling. Though it was a bit different feeling I wouldn't say it is a significantly smoother ride. YMMV. The rest of the 2016 truck you may ask? Dont even get me started....we are looking at ordering a 2017 F-450. That should sum it up. :mad: