New 3010, wondering about quality...

Robbdogg

I have been looking on the Forum for the last couple of days, I'm hoping we made the right call. Lakeshore is shipping unit in two weeks. I have heard alot of complaints about quality of the Cyclones, any help would be greatly appreciated.:cool:

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
I purchased my Cyclone 3010 in 2011 ( it's a 2010 ) and have been very happy with the quality and function of the rig. Now with that said, I am a believer that nothing is perfect, and with anything that is as complicated as a home on wheels there are going to be some issues that need to be addressed over time. Be very sure you do a very detailed PDI when you pick up the the rig - make sure that the Dealer shows you everything and how it all works - have the rig run on Shore-Power, and water - fill the water tanks and run on internal systems and if you have a generator - run that too.

But as far as quality goes - it is better than most and the customer service that you get from the factory is unmatched !

Kevin

szewczyk_john

I have a 2011 Road Warrior 305. It has the same floor plan as your 3010. We could not be happier with our decision to purchase it. Just returned from the Richmond race which was our first use of the year.

oscar

Still happy with our 2013. I've said this before but I'll repeat it here for the OP. Is there better quality out there? Yes. Half a million buys a REALLY nice fiver. Is there bad quality stuff out there? Oh yeah, a metric crap ton of it to be exact. After much research we decided on this unit and have found that at this price point it is one of the nicest out there, with the floor plan that we like. It is very good VALUE. I feel that I got a lot for my money.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Still happy with our 2013. I've said this before but I'll repeat it here for the OP. Is there better quality out there? Yes. Half a million buys a REALLY nice fiver. Is there bad quality stuff out there? Oh yeah, a metric crap ton of it to be exact. After much research we decided on this unit and have found that at this price point it is one of the nicest out there, with the floor plan that we like. It is very good VALUE. I feel that I got a lot for my money.

Great way of explaining it! Quality is relative to the purchaser. Each of us has had different experiences with our rigs and whether or not HL delivered on our expectations.

I can say, we've had our share of "events", but I still feel we made the right choice, the best choice, with a Heartland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

olcoon

I agree with what has already been said. No matter who makes it, or how much it costs, they were all made by humans, and we all make mistakes. We had some issues with our Elk Ridge in the first year, and a little after. Heartland stood up to the plate & took care of them, even the slide issue we had after the warranty expired. I feel Heartland is a standup company that looks out for its customers. We are talking about upgrading sometime in the future, & guess what...it'll be another Heartland!

Robbdogg

I feel better already, this is our fifth different trailer, there is no doubt they all have there own issues. Plan on doing a major PDI walk through. Thanks for getting back....

wiredawgchief

I preformed 6 months of research on 5th wheel toy haulers. I believe my research really paid off in selecting our 3950 HD. Heartland and Explore USA dealer are awesome. we couldn't be happier. And, this is after coming out of a luxury full time rig Travel Supreme. It's been fun making the little refinements as well. Enjoy, Ron

FiremanBill

Loving my Cyclone 3110. Picked it up back in February and we just made a 1400 mile round trip to Georgia and back. Everything about this trailer is top notch.

The only complain that I have so far is that we couldn't have stayed out longer on this trip. Looking forward to the end of this month and the Virginia rally.

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
Congrats on your purchase and enjoy that 3950! Thank you for your business