New 5th wheel owner

I have a 2012 Heartland Elkridge 34TSRE. We were not told what to do if we have no electric and the slides are out. Is there a way to hand crank them in?

jimtoo

Hi Deborah,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information. Hopefully one of our Elkridge owners or someone that knows for sure will jump in soon. This is Link to Slide Manuals. I do not know what slides you have on the Elkridge, but maybe these will help. Your dealer should have shown you how to do this when you went for your PDI.

Hope this helps,, enjoy the forum and your Elkridge.

Jim M

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If the battery in the trailer is dead and you don't have shore power available, just plug the trailer 7-pin cord into your truck (have engine running) and you should be able to operate them.

JJOren

Hi Deborah!

Congrats on the Elkridge! That is a great rig. As for cranking them in, absolutely. The rig comes with a special crank that is used for the project. You will find it either in the basement pass through or in our case, it was up front in the nose compartment. It's about 4' long. Hard to miss. I can't tell you about the location of where to insert the cranks in the slides. Your model is different than ours was. I do know that the location for attaching the crank for the landing gear is in the propane area.

Your dealer should have covered all this with you. If he didn't either call him back or call Heartland Customer service. They'll be glad to help you!!!!

Good Luck!