New Bighorn 3270RS Owner

Just want to introduce myself. We have owned several trailers, from fifth wheels to pumper pulls. Did a lot of research before my purchase of our Bighorn 3270RS Wanted to stay in the 35 ft range. So far, I am a very happy camper.. Hopefully I will be able to learn from and contribute to, every here.

Steve and Debbie

jimtoo

Hi Steve and Debbie,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Just want to introduce myself. We have owned several trailers, from fifth wheels to pumper pulls. Did a lot of research before my purchase of our Bighorn 3270RS Wanted to stay in the 35 ft range. So far, I am a very happy camper.. Hopefully I will be able to learn from and contribute to, every here.

Steve and Debbie

Also have a new 2016 Big Horm 3270RS that we got back in Feb. and love it. This is are 3rd Heartland after starting with a bumper pull Prowler 20RBS then are first 5er was a Heartland Silverado.

Congrats on the new rig and enjoy.

Last edited:

LTZ

California-N Chapter Leaders-retired

Steve and Debbie

Steve and Debbie,

Welcome and congrats on your new coach. We have sent you our contact information so feel free to contact us anytime. Safe travels and we look forward to meeting.

Chuck & Donna

RVFun4Us

Also have a 3270RS, we picked up in February. So far we love it. One long camping trip (2 weeks). Looking forward to many more. Any questions, you will get them answered on this board. Congrats on the new rig.

NHCelt

Getting to know our 3270 on a 3 month shakedown cruise. Plenty of new unit issues, so shout out if you have any questions!

Celt

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Bob Vaughn

We looked at a 3270 today and was wondering about the 2 brackets hanging from the rear frame? The dealer said it was for a receiver, now I wonder why a fold up cargo carrier like I have seen on other brands would not be a better choice?

Noofear

We looked at a 3270 today and was wondering about the 2 brackets hanging from the rear frame? The dealer said it was for a receiver, now I wonder why a fold up cargo carrier like I have seen on other brands would not be a better choice?
Hi Bob, my Bighorn 3875FB came with a bike rack that utilizes those brackets. I was told weight limit is 150 pounds. Cargo carrier might be to heavy?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

JLDCFO

Hi Steve and Debbie! Bud and Jo here, we too are fairly new owners of the 3270RS, purchased 2/16. We love ours also, but sure wish the A/C worked better than it appears to. Hope you are having better luck, many threads on the forum on the A/C issues with the racetrack / whisper quiet design.

Jo

'Lil Guy'

Hello Steve and Debbie and congrats on your new rig. We also own the BH3270 and love it. Our 3rd Heartland product in 3 years. Leaving on a 3 month trip with it in a few weeks. Keep us posted as to your experiences with it whether pro or con.
Later and have a great day.

Thanks to everyone. We have only taken our 3270RS for a weekend maiden trip. Leaving soon for a month to Colorado, Rockies, Rushmore area. I haven't had the opportunity to try out the air conditioning. With all the issues others are having with their A/C, I am disappointed Heartland hasn't stepped in to remedy the problem. Happy travels to everyone. Thanks again

Steve and Debbie

mlpeloquin

The brackets are for a bike rack. The receiver I think is is a 1.5" not a 2". My dealer had one at the time, but told me it was a piece of junk. From the other post about it I believe it. Anything else will void your warranty. After your warranty is up, several Heartland owners have put hitches on the back. I wanted to do so, but when I had my Big Horn weighted at the national rally, it was within 120 pounds of max weight. So make sure you have the margin for the weight.