New Bighorn 3270rs Owner

tcoverda

Hello everyone! The wife and I are new owners of Heartland Bighorn 3270 RS. Found a fairly loaded new 2016 unit in Mesa AZ and jumped on it. I have a very generic question. Although we have owned other 5th wheels, this is the biggest and first time with a Bighorn (luxury unit!). So what can you tell me about potential problems or things to watch for or change right from the first trip? We plan to spend between three and six months a year in the unit and want to shorten the learning curve with your help. Of course there may be an existing discussion which covers all this and telling me where to go would be appreciated (be kind, I am a first grader where the internet is concerned!!) Thanks in advance for your help!:):)

danemayer

Hi tcoverda,

Congratulations on the new Bighorn and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's a lot of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

There are quite a few Bighorn owners on the forum using their RVs in all kinds of ways, including full-time living, seasonal living, anytime trips, etc. I'm sure some will jump in with their comments.

The TOOLS button at top of page will take you to Heartland User Guides (HUG), also at this link. Some of these guides will shorten your learning curve.

Given the time of year, let me suggest you take a look at the Winterizing Guide. And if your refrigerator has an ice maker, you'll want to make sure you winterize the water feed line to the ice maker before temps drop. Even if you're using the RV, the water line to the ice maker will freeze because it's usually exposed to outside air. If you have the Residential Refrigerator, you'll find the winterizing information in the Residential Refrigerator Guide.

We also have some Troubleshooting Guides that could be useful. Here's a link.

One more link. Consider joining the Onwers Club and joining like-minded people at some rallies. There's a free introductory membership. Here's a link to the Club Info.

'Lil Guy'

Cograts on your new rig and hope to see you down the road. You need to seriously consider joining the HOC and attending some rallys. Great people and info to be had here but at the rallys, you can get 1st hand instructions and ideas. I'm waiting on delivery of our new 3270RS and will be attending a rally shortly after. I'll be bending some ears learning about this new rig.lol Again, congrats and hope to see you at a rally down the road.