New Bighorn Owner

My wife and I just purchased our first RV. It's a 2015 Bighorn 3755FL. I'm looking forward to this forum to learn all I can about RV's and in particular our beautiful new purchase.
Ted

Last edited by a moderator:

jimtoo

Hi griffbighorn, or Ted,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

You will have questions and even thou many of us have had multiple rv's and been rv'ing for years, we still have questions also. So don't hesitate to ask for help or what something is or does. Someone here will try to help you with an answer.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

'Lil Guy'

Welcome to the forum and the Heartland family. That's a nice coach for a 1st RV. Lots of great info and people with vast amounts of knowledge here on this site. Look into the HOC and enjoy the best part of owning a Heartland rig. It's made up of a diverse bunch of great people who share your passion for RV lifestyle. Enjoy your new coach and hope to meet you down the road.

Grampafish

Washington Chapter Leaders-Retired
Welcome to the Heartland family! In addition to the using the forum, consider attending a rally where you will meet lots of fine Heartland owners and get answers to just about any question and see some neat modifications that you didn't even know you needed. ;) The Southern CA region has one in Temecula every year in the fall. There will be one in Jackson just after the National rally in Las Vegas - both in October. If you are feeling adventuresome and will be in the Pacific Northwest, we have back-to-back rallies in Anacortes, WA and Silverton, OR the second half of July.

Enjoy your beautiful new rig and safe travels.

aatauses

Congratulations---you will enjoy it. There are a lot of knowledgeable people on this forum who can solve about anything---also look forward to your input as you move forward.
al
currently in AZ

kowAlski631

The people on this forum along with the manuals available here will help you with most anything you need. Heartland has been a great source of assistance when we needed parts. Join the Heartland Owners Club - you won't be sorry! Welcome to the Heartland family & get ready to have a wonderful time with your BH.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Congrads on the new BH. You did not say what your TV is. You will need a 350/3500 DRW because the 3755FL is a pin heavy coach. Probably close to 4K loaded for travel. Forget the empty weight as it is a none starter. The GVW of the trailer is what is important to being legal. Don't want to be a really wet blanket...but...you will need a class "A" non-commercial license to pull it in Ca. Anything over 15001# it is required. I bet your salesman did not tell any of this.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Welcome to the Forum Ted! We hope you join the Heartland Owners Club and attend some rallies in the future. Doug (Grampafish) gave you the list of the location of the rallies. We'd love to meet you guys!

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Welcome to the family from snowy Oregon. Hopefully we will meet you at a rally. You are more than welcome to join us in WA and OR this summer.

Kristy

macjj

You do not need a class A non commercial license in CA to tow anything up to 26,000 Lbs. if you have a CA License and you rig is over 10,000 lbs (5er only) you will need a RV Endorsement (good luck with that). If you have a license from another state, don't worry about it (they only distrust California drivers). If you are one of the unlucky California residents, and wish a Class A Non Commercial, make sure your "dry weight" is greater than 15000# or they will send you packing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk