New cyclone 3100 questions

kasey200

We just picked up our new 2014 cyclone 3100 and I have a question that my dealer was unsure about.

There is a switch in the control panel that is not labeled. It is a residential style light switch with a red illuminated lever. Does anyone know what this is? Directly above is the yeti switch. The water heater switches are both to the left of it so I don't have any idea what this is?
e5une4as.jpg

Thanks!

(Here's a few pics of our 3100
se3ysa9e.jpg
ysy2u2ap.jpg
4u4e6u9a.jpg
2a9u9usy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimtoo

Hi kasey200,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I cannot believe your dealer did not know what the switch is for. That switch should be for the electric (120v) side of your water heater. I see it glowing in the picture,, I hope your water heater was full of water. The water heater should never be turned on unless you are sure it full of water, it will burn itself out with in a minute. You have a switch on the small panel with the tank gages that list heater also which controls the propane side of the water heater.

Please join us at a rally when you can, get that thing on the road and make lots of great memories.

Jim M

DocFather

Jim, the electric and propane switches for his water heater appear to be to the left in that pic. That is how it is in the 4100 also. But I do not have a single-pole switch as the one he is asking about.

jimtoo

Jim, the electric and propane switches for his water heater appear to be to the left in that pic. That is how it is in the 4100 also. But I do not have a single-pole switch as the one he is asking about.

Your are right about the other switch panel.. I did not look close enough to see the electric on it... but the white switch he is asking about is normally the switch for the electric side of the water heater... I have never seen it used for anything else.... I am wondering now if the one on the panel is correct or just not being used..... someone needs to do some checking I guess with a meter to find out when the electric element comes on.

Jim M

Wait,,, Kasey200,, do you have the Yeti package on the unit... that switch might be used for the tank heaters also...or some part of the Yeti package.

Last edited:

DocFather

Your are right about the other switch panel.. I did not look close enough to see the electric on it... but the white switch he is asking about is normally the switch for the electric side of the water heater... I have never seen it used for anything else.... I am wondering now if the one on the panel is correct or just not being used..... someone needs to do some checking I guess with a meter to find out when the electric element comes on.

Jim M

Wait,,, Kasey200,, do you have the Yeti package on the unit... that switch might be used for the tank heaters also...or some part of the Yeti package.

I have nothing like that anywhere on mine. I remember someone asking a similar question last summer and it seems like it had something to do with the Yeti pkg, as you mentioned.

Ladiver

I am looking for it right now. I believe it is the tank heaters. I have the same switch, but have to look up the info. The trailer is not here right now. Hold on. I will find it.

Ladiver

OK, as I could remember. One of the switches is for the heat tape around the water lines, while the other one is for the tank heaters. The red light switch is for the tank heaters. You DO NOT want this one, unles syou have water in all three holding tanks. There is a possibility of melting a hole in the tanks if there is no water to absorb the heat.

kasey200

thank you guys! i greatly appreciate all of the helpful replies! So the red light switch is for the tank heaters and the "Yeti Package" switch is for the heat tape on the waterlines?

Mark-Mullin

Yes it is for the tank heaters and my dealer didn't know this either as a matter of fact there was lots of things my dealer didn't know worst PDI ever. Will never buy from Heidi's again but do love the trailer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ladiver

Yes it is for the tank heaters and my dealer didn't know this either as a matter of fact there was lots of things my dealer didn't know worst PDI ever. Will never buy from Heidi's again but do love the trailer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

This is why I love this forum. We never had a PDI!!!! The deliver guy dropped off our trailer on his way to pick up a boat to take cross country. He new nothing more than the name Heartland. As for specifics on how anything worked...good thing for the internet, this forum and a neighbor that has SOB trailer. Most trailers have the same stuff installed, so the workings are all very similar.

kasey200

I took the label maker home from work last night to label these switches and the tank valves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk