New Cyclone... sorting through the manuals, registrations, warranties, etc

Cjackg

When we took delivery of our special order Cyclone 3110 from Big Daddy Rvs in KY recently, we were handed a nice Heartland zip bag and told that it included all the manuals for the trailer.

Much later when we got around to checking the contents in detail, we found that at least 6 of the main systems in the trailer had no manual or at best a card that referred us to view the manual online. We also found that many of the systems needed to be registered for warranty coverage and the Serial no of the item was required to complete the registration. Unfortunately getting those serial numbers is not so easy after the trailer leaves the assembly line. Now we are faced with a lot of scratching around to get all this together... not what I expected from a company like Heartland.

My last purchase of a new camper was in 2011 and was a Forest River product. At the closing we were given a List of -all- the equipment systems, and the Serial no of every one was included. This enabled us to quickly complete the registration process to ensure full coverage of the trailer and all its equipment.

I have not seen mention of this by other new Cyclone owners and am curious if this is just a problem with my dealer...

Garypowell

The few things I have had to have fixed over the ownership of 5 fifth wheels was to prove when I bought the unit.

danemayer

My warranty experience with Dexter, Dometic and Lippert didn't depend on warranty cards. It was based on the trailer VIN and date of purchase.

haulinem

When we took delivery of our special order Cyclone 3110 from Big Daddy Rvs in KY recently, we were handed a nice Heartland zip bag and told that it included all the manuals for the trailer.

Much later when we got around to checking the contents in detail, we found that at least 6 of the main systems in the trailer had no manual or at best a card that referred us to view the manual online. We also found that many of the systems needed to be registered for warranty coverage and the Serial no of the item was required to complete the registration. Unfortunately getting those serial numbers is not so easy after the trailer leaves the assembly line. Now we are faced with a lot of scratching around to get all this together... not what I expected from a company like Heartland.

My last purchase of a new camper was in 2011 and was a Forest River product. At the closing we were given a List of -all- the equipment systems, and the Serial no of every one was included. This enabled us to quickly complete the registration process to ensure full coverage of the trailer and all its equipment.

I have not seen mention of this by other new Cyclone owners and am curious if this is just a problem with my dealer...

Upon finding the warranty info cards in my packet, I contacted Heartland Customer Service and was informed it was not necessary to complete the cards. Was told the factory incorporates the serial numbers of warranted items into a data base under the VIN. Recently had Dexter provide replacement equalizers and bushings under warranty without any issues.

Terry

Cjackg

After hearing from a few others that dont seem bothered by the lack of docs, manuals, etc I still feel that HL is giving shabby, skimpy service in this area.

Most of the time I just start looking around on the Internet for answers on how to use the equipment on my Cyclone but it often gets into extensive searching.
Why do I have scratch for this info when HL could have simply given me a list of the Mfgs and the Model no. for each item that was used on this trailer? For example, try to find out just how to adjust the Carefree Awnings on your trailer or determine if they are functioning correctly.... yes, there is more than one awning model involved and you can only find the label by getting out a ladder to find it...

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Did you not get a blue bag with the docs in it? Should have.
If not contact your dealer.
Also in post #5 of this thread, Dan posted some links to some good information.

Peace
Dave

Cjackg

Did you not get a blue bag with the docs in it? Should have.
If not contact your dealer.
Also in post #5 of this thread, Dan posted some links to some good information.
Peace
Dave
Yes, I received the blue bag and it was missing many key items. I also saw Dan's note and that involves even more internet seaching but first I have to try to find out precisely which model I am looking for....

I want to state again, for Heartlands benefit, that in my last major RV purchase I received a checklist that showed each Mfg, model, and serial no of every system that was used in the RV.

Edited: 8/8/2014: Recently I contacted HL to request the Ser No of the PD9280 converter installed in my 2015 3110. I needed this info in order to buy the extended warranty on the Converter from Progressive Dynamics. HL was unable to provide the sn and PD had no records either.
That leaves me in the position that I will have to remove the basement wall to find the SN on the PD converter before I can buy the warranty.
This is really primitive stuff and with little consideration for the customer!

Last edited:

priorguy

My previous SOB also had a sheet in one of the cabinets listing each model and serial number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

taken

It is a myth that you need to fill out the cards and mail them in for warranty coverage to be in effect on RV items or anything you buy. They just want you to fill the cards to get your info in case of a recall. When something fails, the broken item will have it's serial number on it when removed for repair or replacement and your bill of sale is your proof of the date of purchase. Cross that bridge when you come to it, but you certainly don't need to waste a stamp mailing cards in. You're covered without doing so...

Cjackg

Upon finding the warranty info cards in my packet, I contacted Heartland Customer Service and was informed it was not necessary to complete the cards. Was told the factory incorporates the serial numbers of warranted items into a data base under the VIN......"

When I called HL to get the serial no of the PD converter on my 2015 Cyclone 3110 they checked but were not able to provide the info, so I have real doubts about this data base! It took two calls to confirm this.

Looks like I will get the Ser No only by removing the basement wall and venturing into the innards of the 3110....

Edited 8/12/14: Got the Serial No for the PD9280 and was able to complete the registration for the Extended Warranty that PD offers but requires the Serial No.

Last edited: