New Hitch

cgaskins

Well, I finally bit the bullet and ordered a new 5th wheel hitch. I went with the B&W Patriot 16K (RVK3200). I have not been impressed with my Reese 16K slider. It has become so loose and makes so much noise going down the road. I did get five years of use out of it. I should be installing the new hitch this weekend.

-Chris

GOTTOYS

I replaced a Super Glide with my B&W Patriot hitch when I traded trucks. I cannot believe the difference in smoothness and ease of hitching/unhitching. I only wish I would have waited for the 18k version which wasn't out yet. You will be impressed!...Don

cgaskins

Well I towed with my new hitch (short distance) on Wednesday. It is awesome. Definitely saw a difference in hooking up and unhooking.

-Chris

justafordguy

My dealer talked me into the Reese 16k slider (which I really don't need) and you are right. This thing is so loose and makes so much noise it drives me crazy. I'll be in the market for something else soon. Did your new hitch fit into the Reese rails?

I recently upgraded to a B&W hitch. I would highly recommend this product. It is made in the USA and the construction quality is superb. Most importantly, it pulls great and is easy to hookup and unhook. I would also recommend that if you are getting a new truck get the factory installed hitch prep package (Ford and Dodge has this option. GM doesn't offer it yet). The additional dealer cost of the under bed rail package is a little over $300. You will spend over $300 to have hitch rails installed on top of the $300+ you'll spend on the rails. Etrailer.com is an excellent source for buying a hitch, rails and accessories.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I have the Reese 16K Pro Slider . . . my first 5th-wheel hitch.

Have only pulled once with it . . . home from the dealership two weeks ago.

We are going out for the first trip in two weeks!

attachment.php

Attachments

• NewReeseSliderHitch-P1000052.jpg
    NewReeseSliderHitch-P1000052.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 109