New Jersey to Goshen Via Route I80 Looking for over night RV Park

Vinny773

Hello, We will be traveling from New Jersey to Goshen next Thursday or Friday for the National Rally. We will be on route I-80. We are looking for an RV Park off I-80 in Ohio. Any recommendations of over night RV Parks close off of I80 after crossing into Ohio? Thanks in advance, and hope to see you at the Rally. Stop by for a cocktail or two. Site RR317.

Rrloren

About 42 miles from the Ohio border we stayed in Emlenton,Pa at the Gaslight campground and it was OK for our 1 nite stay.

porthole

Retired
Vinny, have a smart phone?

The Camp & RV app by Allstays is excellent, especially the fee version.
If all goes as plan we are leaving Tuesday morning and hopefully will be stopping in the Port Clinton area Tuesday night.
Ther are multiple campgrounds in that area, several along the shore.

hriker

Vinny, we stayed at a KOA near Toledo (http://koa.com/campgrounds/toledo/). We stayed there coming and going from SD to NY. It was only a couple miles from the highway and had great pull-throughs. We also stayed at Gaslight Campground in PA. That one was ok for an overnight but probably wouldn't stay there again if we had another option.

jnbhobe

The Ohio Turnpike has RV sites in the reststops but I have never stayed in one or if there are any limitations.

porthole

Retired
Ohio RV sites are really geared towards motor homes, not enough room for trucks and long 5th wheels.

But - I have never seen more then one vehicle taking advantage of the site. Cost is $20 for 24 hours (come and go if you like) Includes water and electric.,
And they are away from all the trucks, so relatively quiet for being on a highway.

Vinny773

thanks Duane for the info on the rest stops, that can be an idea. Anyone ever hear of American Wilderness Campground in Grafton, Ohio. It looks good when you go to there website. But we all know how that goes. Sandusky KOA is a little further than I wanted to drive the first day.

JJnVA

We tried out the Ohio "Service Plaza RV sites" when we drove out for the 2011 National Rally in GOshen. We left a Gettysburg PA campground and drove I-80 to MP 139.5 (Amherst, Ohio Service Plaza), found a long enough RV spot at the end of the row for our 55' long rig (we didn't disconnect), paid our $20, and had a very quiet peaceful night's rest. VERY convenient next to the interstate. I think only 2 other smaller motorhomes pulled in that evening. Safe travels....we're headed to the pre-rally now!

TXTiger

thanks Duane for the info on the rest stops, that can be an idea. Anyone ever hear of American Wilderness Campground in Grafton, Ohio. It looks good when you go to there website. But we all know how that goes. Sandusky KOA is a little further than I wanted to drive the first day.

Vinny. I stopped for a few days in Streetsboro outside do Cleveland and stayed at Woodside Lake Park. They honor a Good Sam discount. It was a nice place. I also stayed at Camp Sundusky in Sandusky too and it was very nice. I just got to Goshen a few hours ago.

Vinny773

thanks for the ideas and places to stay overnight enroute to Goshen for the National Rally. Maybe this should be the question: How many miles or hours do you drive a day? A lot of the RV Parks that have been suggested are well over 8 hrs. with stopping for gas, etc.

dalspot

As much or as little as you feel comfortable with. This is our longest trip yet, and the first long one with a cat AND the dog. We are only driving 264 miles each the first two days. Coming back we've got only two days to make the 664-mile trip, so Sunday will be a 100-mile more drive.

Vinny773

thanks Tom and Karen, I usually do 6-7 hrs., around 400 miles. I was wondering about others because a lot of the recommended RV parks were at least 8 and over 550 miles. Good luck traveling with the cat and dog and see you in Goshen. When are you scheduled to arrive?

porthole

Retired
Vinny, We drove to Port Clinton Ohio. That was about 560 miles. So it could be a day 2 for you.
We are in a state park off the highway a bit, but very nice stop for the night. East Harbor State Park.

Vinny773

thanks Duane for the info, I have been following the forum and I'll drive until I get too tired. Curious, how long did it take you from South Jersey? We leave Friday morning and arrive in Goshen on Saturday.