New layout idea for 2013

jbeletti

I like Jim G's idea.

If the fireplace was centered, the double door cabinet would have to be split into two 10" cabinets, one on either side of the fireplace. Then instead of the computer pull-out shelf, put a 10" wide drawer above each cabinet, giving you a place for office supplies (stapler, tape etc.).

I like that.

But.... Some would still prefer a computer pull-out.

Jim

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
You got it Dave. Adding the 4th slide AND Jay's 102" would make it huge on the inside.
I see you move the fridge too and gave it the key Largo island?? I guess the sink is in the island on the KL.

One thing they need to work on for the vanity. Because it is in the slide the mirror for some of us taller people is very low. Have to bend over to shave. We are going to add a wall mounted vanity mirror to correct it but one from the factory would be nice.

Shave??? What's that "shaving" thing Larry??? And I ain't gotta bend over for nuttin!!:D:D

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I like Jim G's idea.

If the fireplace was centered, the double door cabinet would have to be split into two 10" cabinets, one on either side of the fireplace. Then instead of the computer pull-out shelf, put a 10" wide drawer above each cabinet, giving you a place for office supplies (stapler, tape etc.).

I like that.

Jim

And if they would make one of those drawers with a piano hinged top on it, those that really do sit and use it could have a place to use there laptops. They would have to sit side ways but it would work.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I actually like hoganc's combined layout. Sure a laptop is supposed to be used on a lap but it's not that easy to actually do the bills, balance the checkbook or other thing we may need to actually have a writing surface. Didn't they change the name to notebook? Implies that there may be a need to take notes or write?:p My 3400 has plenty of desk area and for me, it's a huge convenience. Just sayin...

FordMan1966

Well my 2013 LM Grand Canyon came in yesterday and it had a Key Largo label on the side. We had to laugh when the guy was doing the PDI he said how do you like your Key Largo. I replied it is a Grand Canyon and he said I thought that was the floor plan but the decal says Key Largo. A new decal is ordered...

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
like hoganc's combined layout.

Ray, that layout was posted by another poster; I just stole it cause I liked it.

Camper51

My vote is for the SanLargo. San Antonio upstairs and Key largo downstairs. Of course, one is a side aisle and one is a center aisle, so not sure how that would work out.

Camper51,

I agree with you that the fireplace would look nicer if centered with the TV. If that was done, you would lose the computer pull-out tray. While you may not use that feature, some people actually do use it. So if the factory was to make the decision to center the fireplace, they'd also be deciding for all buyers, that there will be no place dedicated to place the laptop.

That said, for myself, I doubt I'll place my laptop there. But I do place my portable printer and portable scanner there when I need to use them.

Thanks for the feedback.

Jim
We looked at a Redwood with exactly the same floor plan as the Key Largo. The Redwood's fireplace is centered under the TV. It also has a pullout computer shelf which is as wide as the entertainment center. A really nice design, I'd like to see Heartland re-think the fireplace.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
like hoganc's combined layout.

Ray, that layout was posted by another poster; I just stole it cause I liked it.

Ray, I made that one with photoshop. ;-) Thanks for liking it. I agree, I still need a real desk to w*rk... especially since we're a long ways from retirement.

Erika

wildwolfproducts

I like Jim G's idea.

I like that.

Jim

When we order ours, I would stand in line and let them use ours for the above. And they would be able to see how it works out with the fireplace centered. That way they could build one to try. Also don't think it would be that hard to build both. One with and without the desk. For us that is what we use the table and chairs for. More room to lay out bills and everything.

Taz

:rolleyes:We just got a Bighorn 2013 and at this moment I am at the dining table which works great for my laptop. Outlet is behind me in the corner cabinet where I have ample room for all of my office supplies. Fireplace looks great in center of TV.