New Leak in Big Country!

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
New Leak in Big Country - Not!

For no apparent reason, the kitchen slide of our Big Country has developed a leak. The rig is parked in our driveway, slides in. I usually check it daily in the bad weather. Sunday morning I noticed a small puddle of water on the kitchen floor at the bottom corner of the slide. Further inspection and a few swipes with a garden hose and I discovered water is getting in under the slide roof seals/wipes and then dripping down the wall to form the puddle. For nearly a year it has been water tight. Any reason it should all of a sudden start to leak especially since it hasn't been used in months? I guess it is the horizontal D seal that must be the issue.

Last edited:

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
And Now for the Rest of the Story...

Unknown to us, son #1 got into our Big Country needing something out of a drawer blocked by the retracted slide. He opened the slide partially on a very rainy day and did not close it properly. Rain water did not reach the entire roof making it look like a leak under the seal. It was residual water not the hose that I was seeing entering the rig. Now that things have dried out, even though it continues to rain and I sprayed it once more to double check...no leaks! Boy, do I feel stupid (again)

ihsolutions

Much better to have one of these "DOH!" moments than to have actually had a leak.

I have not heard of too many Big Horn/Big Country units having leaks around the slides. The double wipe and bulb seal mechanism appears to be quite effective!