New LED Lights For TT

'Lil Guy'

Why didn't someone warn me about this new cheap hobby of camping. Just bought a new NT 21FBS TT and haven't even learned how to use it yet. Got my battery issue solved. Just ordered the Star Bright 250's for all of the overhead fixtures (8) and the SB 160's for the other fixtures (4). Then decided to go ahead and change the porch light to the SB with the motion censor built in it. The lights are the flat kind for projection. Hope I got the right ones. I have my retirement date set for next November. At this rate. I may have to keep working.lol On a serious note, one of the storage compartment bulbs was out. When I pulled the other one to see if it was the fixture, I burnt my fingers. These things get hot. Likewise, the ones in the ceiling of the TT were putting out a lot of heat thru the lens. That is what made me order the LED lights. Oh yea, I got the multi colored remote lights for the awning also. Hopefully, this is the last big expense for a while. Going to take it out for a 3 day weekend in about a month. We've pretty much have everything we need to use it except time off from work. Later and have a great day.

'Lil Guy'

Hoping someone with this trailer has installed these lights. Will put them in Sunday. Definitely want to get rid of the heat the original lights put out. On another note, after shopping for our first trailer, I really like the NT 21FBS. Seems to be builet good and looks really nice. Regardless of whether I get any replies, I'll post up with the results of my lights Tthanks in advance and have a great day.

Tallyrver

I changed all the lights in my last coach to led,made a huge difference in the heat. Our new Gateway has all led lights. This camping hobby of ours shure is expensive .....
wayne

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I don't think you can go wrong with StarBright, seems like a good company. They do offer a warranty on the bulbs, unlike some bought on eBay from China. Let us know how you like them!

And sorry to say, this is not a cheap hobby. Always something to add, replace, maintain, update, enhance......... But all to make your camping experience more fun!!

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mbopp

It was a toss between the 21FBS and 22FBS for us. We opted for the 21 but held out for one with a deep slide.

We dry camp a lot so I replaced the interior bulbs with LED panels (China Ebay). So far, so good. For the price I bought a few spares but haven't needed them yet.

Cheap? Yeah, I upgraded from a mid-size SUV to a pickup truck (but I like my truck!)

My mods are here: http://s1114.photobucket.com/user/starmaster1953/library/North Trail 21FBS?sort=6&page=1

Also check out d_fergie's mods.

'Lil Guy'

Where can you purchase star bright bulbs? I can't seem to find them.

I bought them from PPL RV Parts Superstore. Just looked at the bulb and it says Starlights inc They do come with a warranty. BTW, I need to quit reading this forum. I don't know squat yet and I read and buy like it's a must have. I bought the progressive surge protector. for another $230.00. The wife said that's the end of it. It's the 30 amp model, not the hardwired unit.My luck, will probably walk off the first night. Later and have a great day.

oldmannj

Tell your wife that surge protector was a good deal. If she thinks that was expensive she should try replacing a converter. (voice of experience) They make a lock for the surge protectors but they are cheap and not real secure. I trust to luck and have faith in my fellow campers when it comes to theft. So far so good. ED. :angel:

Miller0758

I bought them from PPL RV Parts Superstore. Just looked at the bulb and it says Starlights inc They do come with a warranty. BTW, I need to quit reading this forum. I don't know squat yet and I read and buy like it's a must have. I bought the progressive surge protector. for another $230.00. The wife said that's the end of it. It's the 30 amp model, not the hardwired unit.My luck, will probably walk off the first night. Later and have a great day.
Make sure you use the word "safety" in a reason for your purchase. Wives never argue when it comes to safety ... got me a better boat, and a better truck ... lol. Now, I hope she doesn't read this post.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Make sure you use the word "safety" in a reason for your purchase. Wives never argue when it comes to safety ... got me a better boat, and a better truck ... lol. Now, I hope she doesn't read this post.

Don't worry about that John. I sent her an email!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Really, the surge protector is a must have. Replacing the microwave, fridge, and converter due to a miswired plug.... A whole lot more expensive. Don't ask me how I know. Btw, soon after we bought the external 30amp, no lock, and it didn't walk off. With the 5ver we have the 50 amp now, and have the plastic lock box. Been using it 4 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9-larry

you will not be sorry about buying a progressive ems! I had one 30 amp on my north trail and it saved me several times with av parks bad wiring. progressive is the best on the market it not only is a surge protector but but test rv camp power, low voltage, low amps, etc.

'Lil Guy'

Just received the Progressive surge protector. Looks like the black box from that lost Jet...lol The thing is big but looks to be of high quality. I doubt if anyone will try to borrow it so I won't be securing it with the plate and cable lock. I'm through buying for the TT now. Anything else will be something we find out about the hard way.(on our first outing) I'm guessing that other campers wouldn't mind an occasional question if I have any problems.

DonnyB007

Last year I ordered up 450.00 worth of LED lights for my trailer. I got the box of lights and then two days later, I got a second box. So I called the company direct and told them about that and they said to send the second box back. When I did, they credited my VISA with 450.00! So I thought I would just wait and see if they would catch their error. This is 12 months later and no request for that 450.00 bucks they gave me. Therefore, I got all my lights replaced to LED for free!

Just once in a while us campers get not a bad deal :)